Insimenator.org
April 24, 2024, 10:45:59 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Please Help. Sims2 Pets Bodyshop crashing when I try and load it.  (Read 1755 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Jolee

View Profile
« on: February 20, 2007, 12:52:07 am »

Hi, I have no idea what is happening. I have used Body Shop for Pets before and have had no problems. Now when I go to load it, it says "this application has crashed, it will now terminate." Not sure if that is the exact wording but close. (It gets about a little over the quarter mark of loading then crashes.)
 Sorry for being a pain..just wondered if anyone has any ideas to what happened. I didn't add anything to bodyshop. Just tried to put it on and it crashed..
 Thank You in advance for any help You can give me.
 All my best, Jolee

Animals are really Little People in disguise...:group hu:
jase439

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2007, 12:58:10 am »

Try deleting the groups.cache file in your My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2 folder.  If you have any custom content in your game, remove it, and see if the problem corrects itself.  If it does, you'll need to use a tool like Sims 2 Clean Installer to hunt down the offending content.

Also, there is a new version of Body Shop for Pets (which is part of the patch, but I think is available as a separate download).  You might need to download the update.

"Craaaazy...toys in the attic...I am craaaazy...truly gone fishing...they must have taken my marbles away..."
Jolee

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2007, 01:09:08 am »

Thank You Jase..I deleted the groups.cache folder again. I do keep it dumped but made sure it was empty. I have the updated patch..ran it said it was up to date. The only thing is the original Body Shop patch for the Pets says there is an error and might have to reload Body Shop again. Oh sorry also says to remove body shop and reload. I haven't put anything new on here since the last time i used it..I have Sims 2 Clean Installer i will remove any CC, just thought i would send an update with what it was saying. Also when it crashes it leaves a text msg to what happened but sorry i am not smart enough to understand it.
 Thanks so much for answering Jase will keep trying.
 All My Best, Jolee

Jolee

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2007, 01:46:12 am »

Thank You so so much for Your Help Jase!! I really appreciate You taking time out to help me. I feel like such a dummy not being able to figure things out.. It is working fine now. It must of been a combination of things but the final thing i removed and it started to work was saved sims. Put everything else back in and body shop just pops right up. Thank so much for helping me..Huge dummy here..:oops:   Hope You have a Great Day/Night. :)Thanks for all Your wonderful Work..and again for taking time out to answer. :wav:

CynaraBlade

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2007, 02:41:34 am »

I just tried the same thing myself with my Saved Sims folder - yep, it worked for me too! Thank God I stumbled upon this thread - at least it saves me from having to spend hours wading through thousands of downloads to weed out a corrupt file! I only reinstalled that bastard Pets EP the other day but anyhow...thank you very much! My BS is working fine as well. Smiley

:blob6:
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: