Insimenator.org
April 23, 2024, 12:37:57 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: really odd...  (Read 1544 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
loulabelle049

View Profile
« on: February 19, 2007, 06:56:38 pm »

i first noticed this happening in game a while back. basically, ill be playing the game and all of a sudden one of the sim's noses will change to the second default one.

it was irritating to be honest.

now its taken it to a whole new level and the whole face changes to the second default. in one house i played, it happened to the sim straight after they moved in. anyone got any ideas why it happens and how i can stop it? thanks. Smiley
jase439

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2007, 12:50:36 am »

Without a screenshot its hard to say, but it might be what is called an LOD (Level of Detail) artifact which can result if your machine isn't beefy enough to handle the graphics load you are throwing at it.  Most of the game meshes come with 2 variants: a low-res and a hi-res model. The low-res model is typically only rendered when objects are in the distance (where you can't notice) or if the graphics card is under excessive load.

If its just one sim, it could be corruption of the face data in the character file.  Usually, using the mirror's Change Appearance function (and then saving) will rewrite that part of the character file correcting any errors that are in it.

Anyway, a couple of things to pursue, although I can't say I've heard of this happening with just the nose Smiley

"Craaaazy...toys in the attic...I am craaaazy...truly gone fishing...they must have taken my marbles away..."
Ozzucay

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2007, 08:28:21 am »

Strangely enough, I had a similar issue recently which was related to overtaxing my video card. Though the symptom I saw was that my game lost the ability to display bump map info and was frustratingly slow. My solution for the moment is to not use content that has very complicated meshes and to save up for a better video card.

Read A Lovely Tale! Currently in Chapter 21
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: