Insimenator.org
April 29, 2024, 07:23:46 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: camera wont work !!  (Read 1721 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Lobabey
« on: February 11, 2007, 03:24:04 pm »

After i installed the insimenator the camera in the game will take pictures but they won't come up when i go to look at them on the family album screen please help ??
i also have the inteenimator installed does this conflict with it ??
kim

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2007, 04:27:51 pm »

no you have to have something else in your game. The Insim has nothing to do with your camera

DecoraChroi
Frigid Witch
Super Mod

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2007, 02:53:38 pm »

If they arent showing up in the photo album, double check in

EA Games\TheSims2\Neighborhoods(which ever neighborood)\Storytelling and see if they are there.

"The power to question is the basis of all human progress."
BeosBoxBoy
Silent

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2007, 02:22:45 am »

Lobabey - there was a report by several people regarding Pets EP that the game gave all the signs that it had taken a screen cap but did not in fact do this.  This may or may not have been resolved by the patch available at http://thesims2.ea.com/update/

Also if you have a lot of screen caps, the game will stop taking them.  Different people have had this occur with different quantities of photos, but generally it was in the 100+ range.  You may need to delete some of you photos before the game will take more.  Try deleting some of the Maxis pre-made ones and see if it resolves the issue.

In the base game with no EPs, the images for all neighbourhoods were saved to My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Storytelling.  This changed after the release of University EP, doubtless because of the "too many photos" bug.  After installing any of the EPs, your screen caps are generally save to:

• My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Neighborhoods\N001\Storytelling
  • My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Neighborhoods\N002\Storytelling
  • My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Neighborhoods\N003\Storytelling
  • My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Neighborhoods\etc\Storytelling

HOWEVER  when you take screen caps on a community lot, from the neighbourhood screen, or in build mode, or in Create-a-Family, the images are still usually saved to My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Storytelling

You may have to manually move them to the proper neighbourhood storytelling folder to be able to use them, if this is what you need to do, make certain to move the snapshot AND the thumbnail

"There is a certain elegance in wasting time. Any fool can waste money, but when you waste time you waste what is priceless."
-- Maugham, W. Somerset. Ashenden: Or the British Agent.
HeatherCay
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2007, 01:05:23 am »

I'm having the exact same issue and I have no idea why. All the screenshots I take seem to work fine, until I check the folder (Storytelling, yes) and they just aren't there. I'm running Nightlife on Windows Vista and it works swimmingly besides this small detail. >.<
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: