Insimenator.org
April 29, 2024, 02:57:06 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Game and other things dissapeared!  (Read 1804 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
warhawke

No Longer Ever Watchful...

View Profile WWW
« on: February 21, 2007, 05:39:58 am »

I have no idea how this happened. I was away for a few days and when I came back, turn on the computer tried to log on to my yahoo messenger (also MSN messenger, and some other porgram), nothing happened. As if it doesn't exist. I checked the add/remove program, it is there but it was using a generic icon (a computer or a folder, if I'm not mistaken) when before it has a yahoo smiley face icon. I uninstall and reinstall, it works.

I had problem with pets recently, but managed to get it work. I got to get into the game in the morning, but when I tried to get in again in the afternoon, I can't. I get the "The application has crashed" thing, which was the problem I was having earlier. So I did what I usually do to get it to work, but this time it didn't work. So I check again the add/remove program and Pets is not in there! I tried to uninstall from program file, nothing happened. Does it means pets uninstalled by itself? The problem is now I can't reinstall it again because everytime I put on the CD it says application crashed.

*What are the possible reasons that my program (like the yahoo messenger) not running?
*Could it be that my Pets cd is corrupted?
PS: I recently had my computer formatted

I'm thinking about just abandoming pets and wait for seasons, but I do love pets furnitures, and some downloads need pets, so I am torn :sad5:

I long to be like you, Lie cold in ground like you
There's room inside for two
I'm not grieving for you, I'm coming for you

Warhawke Studios
billyd1000

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2007, 06:34:03 am »

Have you checked your machine for virus', worms, spyware, adware lately? If you want to verify if pets is there or not, click start- all Programs-accessories-windows explorer. Open the My Computer folder in the explorer tree. (the pane on the left) by clicking on the + sign. Go to program files and open it , look for folder named EA Games, Click it open and it will show all sims 2 games that reside on your hard drive.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2007, 06:34:50 am by billyd1000 » Logged

Burn the midnight oil, it will be daylight soon....
warhawke

No Longer Ever Watchful...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2007, 06:58:39 am »

Yes pets is in the program file.

About the virus thing, I'm not sure because the computer just been formatted and I have no antivirus at the moment. Could that be the problem? What should I do now?

I long to be like you, Lie cold in ground like you
There's room inside for two
I'm not grieving for you, I'm coming for you

Warhawke Studios
billyd1000

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2007, 01:49:49 pm »

You can get free virus software at a number of places. Also you can go to pcpitstop.com and do a virus check there, as well as check for spyware and such. Plus you can check for performance and other computer issues. It is a good place to visit.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2007, 01:50:46 pm by billyd1000 » Logged

Burn the midnight oil, it will be daylight soon....
veash

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2007, 02:00:34 pm »

It almost sounds like the format you mentioned was a system restore.  All of your info before the system restore is still there but the shortcuts aren't pointing to the info.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: