Insimenator.org
April 26, 2024, 06:18:21 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Corrupted file question  (Read 2057 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
baileybop
Squinge Is My Mastah

View Profile
« on: February 21, 2007, 07:31:21 pm »

Ok here goes my attempt to explain my problem. After 3 computer crashes in which my hard drive was wiped completely, I think I have found the problem. In "C" drive, EAGames, the sub folder for "language support" is corrupted, at least according to my computer. For the 4th time I have uninstalled the  ##game, and now before I attempt to re-install it for the 5th time, do I have to purchase new games? How do I tell if the corrupted file is actually installing from my base game or one of the expansion packs?
Actually everything was fine until I tried to put in the scripts for my modular stairs, which have all worked fine before. This time I tried that "Scriptorium" from MTS2, and that is when everything went for "exploded*. After I put the stairs script into the "Scriptorium", the game wouldn't load.

If I choose not to use that program, can I still put all my stairs scripts in like I used to--C drive-Program Files- EAGames- Sims2- blah blah blah. I know you have to put the scripts in the base game.

I'm sorry to be such a bother, but today I finally got my computer back, after buying 1Gig of ram in addition to what I already had, and now I can't even play-----crying profusely----

I stalk...... oh no, I mean I worship the Hack_Mastah, Squinge :worship:
Squinge
Spamming Dork
Admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2007, 12:40:28 am »

I would remove the scripts it sounds like that is causing the problem.

If you have a question about my mods post it here
baileybop
Squinge Is My Mastah

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2007, 09:42:24 am »

I had the Scriptorium installed and everything was working fine, all my scripts were working. Then one day while not playing the game, just surfing the net my computer crashed. It crashed completely 3 more times before I figured out what the problem was. My C drive was wiped out completely. I had it wiped by my computer repair man each time in case I had a virus, but the problem is in the Sims2 uninstaller, it wipes my drive when I use it to uninstall the game.
I just finished uninstalling the *#game for the 5th time, cause it crashes at the first subject line upon loading. I really miss being able to play my game, and I'm getting really fustrated trying to figure out what is going wrong. I have to uninstall all the way down to the base game, it still crashes at every level, as I progress down the expansion packs. I have never had this problem before, and just can't figure out why now.
Am going for 6th attempt, will check back to see if someone has an answer.
What I don't understand is why the scripts worked before, and not now.

billyd1000

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2007, 10:34:20 am »

Just one point to consider; if indeed the whole problem is actually the script for the modular stairs, is it worth not being able tp play the game so you can keep it? I think all of us who have played this game for a while have dumped some form of custom content for the overall good of our game and computer system, no matter how much we "liked" the custom content in question.

Burn the midnight oil, it will be daylight soon....
Vampyre

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2007, 11:23:52 am »

If the problem is really a corrupt file you want to MANUALLY go in and delete any files remaining on the c: drive after you have uninstalled.

IF it is just a corrupt file problem this will fix it.

Then you can reinstall and be back where you were... and NO don't fiddle with that program you think caused the problem.  You should be able to manually do what you were doing before.  I seldom trust applications to modify anything on my hard drive for me unless I'm pretty sure just what they're up to (and therefore how to UNDO anything they might break for me).

Uninstall doesn't always get rid of all the files even though you'd think it would.
Vampyre

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2007, 01:13:22 pm »

Naturally when I say delete any files remaining on drive c: I am referring to any residual Sims 2 files that might have been left behind in the Sims2 folder.
Delete any  Sims2 files and the folders too for a clean reinstallation.

(hmm i tried to edit the previous post and ended up unintentionally doubleposting).
« Last Edit: February 22, 2007, 01:15:30 pm by Vampyre » Logged
baileybop
Squinge Is My Mastah

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2007, 01:37:06 pm »

I did delete the residual files on C drive in the Sim2 folder, then re-installed everything, and bingo-same problem. I went to TSR, redownloaded the steps, and got the scripts fresh, and am going to try that. I am giving up quite a few modular stairs, all from Aussie Top Edders, and the single creations at TSR. I'm just going to try the "sets" and see how that goes. If that doesn't work, I really am going to have a good cry, cause I had some beautiful working modular stairs, and I'm really going to miss them.
Thank you all for your help, I really appreciate it very much.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: