Insimenator.org
April 25, 2024, 05:32:28 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Game Crash, Now Family Deleted!!!  (Read 6654 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
babyblueheart

View Profile
« on: February 22, 2007, 05:19:48 pm »

This morning, I downloaded a few things off of MS2. I put them in my dowloads folder, and went to start up the game. When the loading screen came on, it loaded like usual, up until halfway. All the sudden, a message pops up, saying:
"Your application has crashed. Application will now terminate."
and the game shut down. So I used clean installer to check my downloads. Nothing besides the usual hacks I have installed (Inteen, Insim, No More Fires, PregWearAll, Trips and Quads) popped up red. So I thought it might have been the rug I downloaded (required FFS;I don't have that), or the nursery set. I deleted those, and started up my game again. The same thing happened. So I decided to clean out my downloads folder. After that, I tried again. Still crashed. Then I tried downloading the patch for OFB (the last EP I have installed), but it said I was already up-to-date. I tried about two more times, and it still crashed. I don't know what to do now. Any help is appreciated!
******EDIT******: Above problem resolved, new problem:
A family of mine, all but their toddler son, was deleted. Any way to get them back?
« Last Edit: February 23, 2007, 07:38:35 pm by babyblueheart » Logged

"out of all the lies you've told, i love you was my favorite."
"And he's the reason for the teardrops on my guitar/the only one who's got enough of me to break my heart"

Rest in Peace, Caleb Joshua 1/10/04-4/6/08
Join "America's Prom Queen" on NOW
billyd1000

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2007, 05:58:25 pm »

You may be able to delete your groups.cache folder to fix this. Running Hack Conflict Detection Utility would be highly reccomended. It will help you see what hacks may be in conflict with one another.

Burn the midnight oil, it will be daylight soon....
babyblueheart

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2007, 05:59:43 pm »

Thanks, I'll check it out!

"And he's the reason for the teardrops on my guitar/the only one who's got enough of me to break my heart"

babyblueheart

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2007, 06:12:01 pm »

I scanned, and it said that Inteen, and PregWearAll were the "possible conflicts". So i'm going to delete them, and then reinstall them. And Panyeman, I just might have to do that, if nothing works.
billyd1000, what did you mean by "deleting my groups.cache folder"?
EDIT:
Okay, I moved my Inteen hack and the PregWearAll to a different folder. Tried restarting game. Same problem happened.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2007, 06:30:38 pm by babyblueheart » Logged

ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2007, 07:19:46 pm »

Even though the HCDU says two mods modify the same code, there's not necessarily a problem.  If you ever used and of the Flavor Packs with InTeen, you would see that they all conflict with InTeen.  If you are using the PregnancyWearAnyOutfit for InTeen that Squinge made, those work perfectly well together.

Same with Clean Installer.  Items in red just indicate they modify global behaviors that EA put in the game.  This is not necessarily a bad thing.  Without those modifications, a lot of your favorite mods wouldn't work.

I'm going to assume from your talk about reinstalling the patch for OFB that you don't have Pets.  My guess is you downloaded something for Pets.  This will frequently crash the game.  Go through the items you just downloaded, go back and check to see what requires Pets and delete those.
babyblueheart

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2007, 07:21:15 pm »

Yes, I do not own pets.Thanks, I'll try that.

billyd1000

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2007, 07:28:41 pm »

Go to my Documents\"your user name\EA Games\The Sims 2, when you double click the Sims 2 folder it will open to show a number of sub folders and some strange looking square icons. Find the icon called Groups.Cache, right click that icon one (1) time. A menue will open, select delete and say yes when it asks if you are sure you want to send Groups.cache file to recycle bin. close your My Documents folder and start your game. It will respawn the groups.cache folder. If it was corrupt this may allow the game to now load. It will cause no harm if you follow theses instructions. Corrupt Groups.Cache folder is a very common problem

Burn the midnight oil, it will be daylight soon....
trl

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2007, 07:31:42 pm »

This happened to me after I d/l a lot/house from MTS2. I found that it was items made with pets but not labeled that it was. After deleting these files,it was a house and several furniture items that were included, it still crashed. Once I deleted Groups cache my problem resolved. I hope this will work for you. Good luck!!

babyblueheart

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2007, 07:34:29 pm »

Okay, I will try it. Thanks guys, I appreciate all the help! Smiley
Edit: the groups.cache thing didn't work, but I'm not giving up. I also downloaded something off Mango Sims, what I thought was a mesh for a nursery set I got off MS2, and it could have required pets. I'll also try moving some files to another folder, in case I downloaded too much Cheesy
« Last Edit: February 22, 2007, 08:53:32 pm by babyblueheart » Logged

veash

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2007, 09:24:45 pm »

After making changes like those mentioned above, you *should* reboot your comp.  Sometimes whatever was causing the problem will lurk in memory.  I've noticed sometimes that freshly installed CC doesn't show up in the game until after a reboot as well.  The Sims2pack Clean Installer will highlight most of your mods in red, but it does miss some.  Items labelled as "game objects"
might have mods in them.  I would suggest running the clean installer and sorting by date, then disable all items that you installed today.
babyblueheart

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2007, 10:19:04 pm »

Okay, thanks, I'll try that Cheesy.... A small question... how many downloads can 1 gig of RAM take?
Edit: My downloads won't sort by the date they were added, they sort by the date they were revised. Huh?
« Last Edit: February 22, 2007, 10:32:19 pm by babyblueheart » Logged

veash

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2007, 10:38:01 pm »

That's a tough question.  There's no set formula that I know of.  I have 2 gigs of RAM and my Downloads folder peaked out at over 8k with no problems, but I've read posts where people have said they have over 14k in theirs.  Just remember that the more downloads and custom content you have, the longer it takes for the game to load up.
babyblueheart

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 22, 2007, 10:43:26 pm »

I have about 4,700 downloads, and I don't know if that's too much....
Yet another edit: deleted everything I downloaded today, going to try to load the game.... didn't work. I am getting really exasperated.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2007, 11:03:13 pm by babyblueheart » Logged

veash

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 22, 2007, 11:04:47 pm »

4700 downloads shouldn't be a problem.  The sorting by date, run the clean installer, when it's done, click date & time button on the top of the columns and that will sort your DL's by the date they were installed.   Scroll through the list until you find today's date.   Right click on anything you suspect could be causing the problem, and disable it.  That will uncheck the box on the left.  It's still there but the game won't use it if it's unchecked.  Make sure you click the OK button on the bottom right when you're done.  If you're able to run the game after unchecking the items you downloaded today, you can run clean installer again, and either try adding the unchecked stuff back in one by one, or delete them.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2007, 11:11:24 pm by veash » Logged
babyblueheart

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 22, 2007, 11:15:02 pm »

Okay, thanks. I do see some stuff I downloaded today that could be the problem.
EDIT: IT WORKED!!!!!! THANK YOU, THANK YOU! THANK  YOU to everyone who helped, especially veash! Cheesy
« Last Edit: February 22, 2007, 11:36:44 pm by babyblueheart » Logged

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: