Insimenator.org
March 29, 2024, 06:30:57 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Resolved: Help please!  (Read 1723 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Disco Dancer

View Profile
« on: February 22, 2007, 06:09:49 pm »

This is a semi-related sims problem, if this is in the wrong place, sorry. My mum has recently gotten into meshes for her sims game (she has it on her laptop and my one is on the shared computer) and she doesn't get internet on her one so she downloads her stuff then saves it to a disk and puts it on her game... Blah de blah. Anyway yesterday she did a stupid thing while downloading stuff, when the box comes up saying do you want to save or open folder...she clicked 'do not show this message again'.

Well I think she did. My problem is, I can't save anything and whenever I click to download something it says 'downloading temporary folder' then starts to open winzip which doesn't work because I was just trialling it, and now the 40 days is over. We've tried searching the help system in our computer but she isn't exactly sure what she did which doesn't help, I know! The 'save or open folder' box doesn't come up anymore so I'm asuming she did something that wouldn't show it again.

I have windows xp. If someone could help it would be much appreciated! I'm trying to figure out as much imformation as I can. Basically, I can't download anymore stuff for the moment. I'm not sure if this goes here, please tell me if it doesn't.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2007, 07:17:06 pm by Disco Dancer » Logged
murfwithjess

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2007, 06:38:49 pm »

hey... there is a list of prog's (different winzip's) in here, that are all for free..

i use alzip.... link here http://www.altools.net

its free..for ever..lol..

SUCH AS LIFE..............ILL SLEEP WHEN IM DEAD!!!
Disco Dancer

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2007, 06:56:01 pm »

Thanks, i have winRar, and I don't really need other programs, I just need the problem fixed. My mum even rang the shop where we got the computer from, and the person didn't know. I'm trying to use this so we don't have to pay for a professional to come in and fix it. My family aren't computer geeks lol I just know the basics.
ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2007, 07:09:56 pm »

There's an option either on the browser or winRar/winZip that allows you to change from showing the prompt or not showing the prompt.  I can't remember where exactly right now, but check the browser options.
Disco Dancer

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2007, 07:17:55 pm »

Thanks for your help everyone, I deleted winzip and it works alright now!:-P
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: