Insimenator.org
April 29, 2024, 12:19:21 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Stop Playing My Piano And Get Out!  (Read 3634 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Nicm15

View Profile
« on: February 22, 2007, 08:12:33 pm »

Hey guys, I don't quite remember when this started happening, but I'm having a problem with different Sims showing up on my lot (it's residential, not a community lot or a business or anything) and coming inside my house and playing my piano and using my hot tub and everything.  I mean it's not even Sims that the Sims of this residence even socialize with, it was so freaky one time, everybody was in the house sleeping, next thing I know this sim walks into the bedroom and just stands there.  Freaked me out, I thought she was there to kill my sims or something.  Is this normal?
Cinamun

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2007, 08:47:28 pm »

LOL that does NOT sound normal, you usually have to greet them first...
I wish I could help you but i've never heard of anything like this before LOL

Do you own a home business maybe and left the "open" sign up? (for OFB)

...enjoying the game.
Nicm15

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2007, 09:01:35 pm »

I do have OFB, but it's not a home business or anything, it's a normal residential lot.  Well at least I know it's not normal, that makes me feel a little better.
Serafina

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2007, 09:04:08 pm »

I know there are hacks out there that autogreet guests... do you possibly have one of those?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I've never been the kind to ever let my feelings show
And I thought that bein' strong meant never losin' your self-control
But I'm just drunk enough to let go of my pain
To hell with my pride, let it fall like rain
From my eyes Tonight I wanna cry
[/COLOR]
Nicm15

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2007, 09:10:05 pm »

No, I mean I have hacks, but nothing to do with greeting people.  I did a search and on google and nobody else appeared to have this problem.
billyd1000

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2007, 09:02:47 am »

I have seen this happen. I am not sure but my logical conclusion was that the offending sims were stuck on the lot. The FFS lot debuger at maty may solve your problem, it may not. If I remember correctly it is the option to remove off world loitrers. Give it a shot , or try moving the family and bulldozing that lot.

Burn the midnight oil, it will be daylight soon....
LobsterOnMyDesk

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2007, 11:06:28 am »

I had this happen too and I noticed that the Sim that showed up was always a parent of a child that had visited and left earlier. I think it may be a glitch related to the behavior where a parent comes to pick up their child who has stayed to late at their friend's house, they always just let themselves in when that happens. But in this case the kid left long ago and the parent has shown up very late at night. I never found a fix for it, if they really annoyed me I'd just "moveobjects on" and delete them (it doesn't get rid of them permanently). I recently started over and haven't had enough kids visiting to see this again.
MissDoh

Back for more!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2007, 11:57:13 am »

Very outgoing sims will sometimes invite theirselves in a house.
Tenshii~Akari
(~TA12~)
Super Mod

(~* Go Pink: Find the Cure *~)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2007, 12:14:26 pm »

I've had this happen a couple of times, when one of my sim kid's mom appeared after just calling him.  :shock:  I downloaded the phone fix over at MATY to prevent that from happening, but she still insisted on coming in after his quick visits.  Amazing how sims can handle strangers barging into their homes so well!  :laugh:

XPTL297

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2007, 05:25:50 am »

The last case happen because of a game handicapp. There's an function named "collect kids" and it is really a mother of abandoned children.
If you call a child after clock 18:00, the game will send someone to collect them, this someone will clog the portal and will be automatically greeted when you hang up.
The other cases can happen if you for example pull an Uni NPC in game.
The Uni characters are the only ones that keep all the NPCs codes after being moved into a normal family. So, if you move in an Uni Cow or Horse or cheerleader, or professor or whatever lived in this Orphan EP, it will auto greet self and visit you, use all your home equipments, bother whoever, and all that "fun" ...
summer_wine

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2007, 07:25:29 am »

I don't know about you guys but that's just creepy... it's like a premise of a horrormovie or something. i'm so glad i don't play my game at all. that would scare the bejezzus out of me.

The Price of Redemption ~My Sim Story! Check it out!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: