Insimenator.org
March 29, 2024, 02:39:20 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Facial Problems...?  (Read 1485 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
timberario

View Profile WWW
« on: February 24, 2007, 02:14:11 am »

Everytime I make a new family some or all the sims faces become one of the default faces after I move them into a house.  It's always the same face.  It just started happening.  I thought it was because I downloaded a CAS face replacement mod but I'va had it forever and this problem has just started happening.

On another note... everytime I use the deleteallcharacters cheat, after I start playing the neighbourhood I can't use the maid, gardener, or adoption services.  What have I done to my game?:smt120
XPTL297

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2007, 04:46:10 am »

The same face you are talking about, is it casually the same face used by the Servo when you try to make it humain? I mean the archetype Base?
If it is so, this means that the CAS face replacement you are using is not calculated good enough and is presenting a problem to make transitions between an archetype and another. It is very difficult to find a very good transition for the 3D models.
If you continue having the same trouble, change for another CAS face replacement (there are many online).
To check if it is really the case, take the replacement package out of your downloads folder (no, it will not revert your Sims until they grow up to another age).

Explaining: if the game engine cannot understand the facial transitions of your replacement package, it will replace all the faces by an incomplete 3D model found in Objects.package. It is an archetype set that is only available for adult and elders, all the other ages will be replaced by the manequim face you see in Body shop.

Hope it helps.

Adding: delete all characters, delete all the characters including NPCs. You need to wait that new ones are created. This will happen if you for example hire a maid. The game will slow down, you should not click anything until the new NPCs are created and placed available.
Mr Heartache

I don't wanna be S.O.L.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2007, 04:13:45 pm »

Do you have pets? Because there's a bug that happens when you make pets and sims together in CAS, and the sims faces revert back to the default faces, it happened to me a few times.

I think theres a patch that fixes it that you can get from the EA website.

DON'T PM ME WITH REQUESTS OR I'LL SEND GERARD WAY AFTER YOU WITH A PITCHFORK.
Now I spit out words, do you see my lungs on the dancefloor?
[/SIZE]
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: