Insimenator.org
April 26, 2024, 11:44:40 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Something old,something new,and something blue  (Read 2677 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Bev in NY

View Profile
« on: February 22, 2007, 09:54:55 pm »

Well i have been having some fun downloading stuff,and i thought i would share somethings with u guys....
As the heading for this post says....the things i downloaded r old things...and of course they r new to Me....but the Blue is the real kicker....

First i downloaded couple houses from the very talented creations of Dinki and Comicalmuse...this is really funny....
i got dinki's house Pebbles..and muse's Rancho Americano part #3....both these homes have basements....i like to play in the bluewater neighborhood...anyways i put them near Florence Delrosa's home which is flat and not real close to the water....When i went to move in them....i laughed cuz the basements were full of water....it looked funny to see the furniture under water....So my 1st. thought was great the 2 of u sold me homes with leaky basements....LOL
i moved them to higher elevation and they r fine now....

now the 2nd. Blue thing is.....Muse the home i mentioned above in the neighborhood view the 4 trees in each corner flash blue...these trees came with the game so they r not cc...i was wondering why they r doing this? now when u actually go to the house they r not flashing at all....
i like your Ranch series muse and have 2 and will get the other ones also...
I also want to mention i downloaded the insimenator "sims" version and it works but it shows up red on clean installer and i was wondering why? and was wondering if i should remove it and redownload it again mayb i did something wrong....cuz my game has been crashing lately after i play it for awhile...

BEV
BeosBoxBoy
Silent

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2007, 03:20:28 am »

Bev - can you post a screen capture of the blinking blue trees?

"There is a certain elegance in wasting time. Any fool can waste money, but when you waste time you waste what is priceless."
-- Maugham, W. Somerset. Ashenden: Or the British Agent.
Dinki

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2007, 03:32:08 am »

I`ll answer that tree question.

What you need to do is either use the design tool and choose another tree recolor and then choose the same again and click on ok.... or sell the tree and buy a new one. Though I cannot  guarantee they won`t flash bule any more in neighborhood view.

What makes it flash is most probably the fact that it`s a recolor of maxis tree. Most probably. In my game it happens with recolored or custom trees. Sometimes nothing helps though. You could always try not to notice them Tongue

And yeah, that basement leak happens on the lower terrains. Maybe somebody can create some kind of impregnating basement wall paint Cheesy

As for the insimenator - it`s considered as a hack, so it will be red in clean installer, it`s normal. I advice you to get and run Hack conflict utility, remove all empty packages from Dl folder using clean installer and make sure you got the version of Insim that is compatible with the latest expansion pack you have Smiley

Edit: Sims 2 Hack conflict detection utility, get it here: http://www.simwardrobe.com/ (sims2/programs)
« Last Edit: February 23, 2007, 03:38:15 am by Dinki » Logged

Won't you come into the garden?
I would like my roses to see you.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Jenna
Queen of Spamming
Admin

Who farted?

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2007, 01:33:29 pm »

Ooh, a fan! Tongue

Heh, the flashing blue tree thing is different. I've had it happen with missing recolors of custom plants/trees, but they're just plain old Maxis birch trees. No recolors at all. Dinki's suggestion is a good one to try though. Not sure what would cause that problem though...

Edit: come to think of it, I do have some recolors of the birch in my game, but didn't use them in that particular house, or any of the Ranch series. Just felt it was worth noting.

...as for the leaky basements, maybe you and I need to hire better contractors, Sis. :rofl:
« Last Edit: February 24, 2007, 02:15:49 pm by Comicalmuse » Logged

Quote from: Engram
Jenna and I make cute babbiez! LOL
Quote from: Isadora
Great, another night of chicken chair typing.
ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2007, 07:20:46 pm »

It's pretty much a guarantee that land around a large body of water will flood the basements of any houses there.  Higher terrain as you did is required.  This can be a problem with custom terrains too if the creator didn't raise the ground enough.
XPTL297

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2007, 05:18:58 am »

Oh sorry to introduce something but as beosboxboy is around this section, I have something that flashed blue and there was no way to recover.
It was a sort of spike collar made for a body builder I suppose.
I downloaded and had help from Beos to create my phantasy forest guy (strong chest and horse feet). I placed the mentioned collar on him, everything was OK in Body shop but he entered the game with a blue flash around the neck. The blue thingy flew around and moved in different tempo than his body. Any suggestions?
Dinki

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2007, 06:31:20 am »

Use the mirror to change his appearance. Not really change, just remove that accesory and put it back and confirm.

It happens to me lately too. I blame Pests :smt120

Won't you come into the garden?
I would like my roses to see you.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Bev in NY

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2007, 12:48:20 am »

Thanks guys for your suggestions...haven't been online lately due to playing my game...i have dial up and i'm not connected when i play...slows the game down cuz invariably someone whould im me and it's a pain....u guys r great for responding to questions people have...thanks a million!!!!

BEV
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: