Insimenator.org
April 29, 2024, 11:32:51 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: game performance: memory sticks vs graphics card!  (Read 1553 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
DOEreoh

View Profile
« on: February 24, 2007, 10:14:06 am »

okay well im really considering upgrading my system to get a better gaming experience with ts2!!!

but i wana know what i should buy 1st!?!

a better graphics card?Huh?

or a memory stick or 2 of 1g?Huh?

right now i have an ati radeon 9200 se with 256 mb and one extra memory card of 512mb!!!

should i get a new and bigger memory stick 1st? or a new graphics card???

if graphics card....can you please suggest a few good gaming cards???

preferably something quality....without having to dish out 4 or 5 hundred bucks!

thanks a lot!
veash

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2007, 03:04:14 pm »

I'd go with more RAM first, since your vidcard is fairly decent.  There's no such thing as too much RAM.  No matter what system you have, the game will almost always slow down depending  on what it's trying to do.  The size of the lot, the number of sims on the lot, the number of items placed on the lot, and what the sims are doing with those items on the lot all play a big role in how fast or slow the game runs. If the game is spawning a new NPC or sim like a townie walkby, it will slow down.  Same for vehicles driving up to your lot, etc.  The game will also slow down as your custom content increases.  Increasing your RAM will help to reduce the slowdowns.
     Check out this post by Beosboxboy here, he explains it best:
http://www.insimenator.org/showthread.php?t=6400
ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2007, 02:56:49 am »

With that card, definitely bump up the ram first.  You don't say how much you have now, but 2GB RAM should do you fine with that graphics card.  Take a look at the minimum and recommended requirements for Seasons, whether you intend to get it or not, and make your decision based on that.
DOEreoh

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2007, 12:35:35 pm »

thanks a lot!!! really apreciate it! Smiley
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: