Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 05:27:55 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Food Serving Hack << UPDATED: 03/10/2007 <<  (Read 21841 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
_monique_

View Profile
« on: February 27, 2007, 10:34:20 am »

Normally when you ask your sim to serve meals, after cooking the next routine that she is going to perform is counting the number of sims present on your lot (visitors or family members) then serve that meal. This hack is about the counting of sims on your lot before serving of meal, I uploaded two flavors for you to choose from:
1. MQ_Serve_Count_By_Hunger.zip - During counting of sims, I added a condition that will check if Hunger level is lower than 50% to be included in counting.
2. MQ_Serve_Count_No_Serving.zip - No counting will be done. It means "No serving".

This simple hack is a global hack that it might conflicts with other food serving hack, so dont forget to scan it first with a Hack Conflict Detection Utility before using it.

Pls. choose only one file.

Compatibility: ALL

UPLOADED: 03/10/2007
MQ_Serve_Count_By_Hunger_SEASONS - I noticed that the "... By Hunger version" is still counting Plantsim, so the Season version will fix that. It will exclude plantsim.

* MQ_Serve_Count_No_Serving.zip (0.24 KB - downloaded 695 times.)
* MQ_Serve_Count_By_Hunger.zip (0.4 KB - downloaded 538 times.)
* MQ_Serve_Count_By_Hunger_SEASONS.zip (0.42 KB - downloaded 960 times.)
« Last Edit: March 09, 2007, 08:15:36 pm by _monique_ » Logged

kim

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2007, 06:00:18 pm »

Nice Job

mhahse57
Site Santa!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2007, 09:40:33 pm »

Great work!  These will come in handy.
Thanks for sharing.

Michele

Any world created is a world alive. Nurture that world; cultivate it with imagination. Make it better than the world you live in. Then share it, and change your own world forever.
HappyGoLucky

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2007, 08:44:25 am »

Oh.. I need that 'NO SERVING' one!  My sim lives on a lot with several complexes on it.  I hate when she serves meals.. on her table, in her apartment..  for the neighbor in the apartment down the way!  :lol:

Thank you for this!
blondecrystal

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2007, 12:56:44 pm »

This is Cool...Thank you monique.
XPTL297

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2007, 03:48:25 pm »

I suppose this will be very handy in the case mentioned by HappyGoLucky.
I'm not sure but I notice that when food is not served, other sims use to ignore the food left even when they are hungry. It seems that they go first to what is served on the table.
I was just wondering if it was possible instead of counting the nr of Sims available, the serving Sim could count the nr of Table places available in the same room. This would avoid that they walk miles to serve on the garden table. If there are no tables in the same room, it will not be served at all.
I explain the reason: I have a hood where every lot has the 8 possible residents. Food don't get spoiled in my game, so I would like that any food cooked be served on all table places available (same room) and be there when my Sims arrive home, sometimes so tired that they ignore food not served, even if they are starving.
Is that possible?
Corinne

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2007, 03:51:23 pm »

Yay, thank you!
I've been getting so annoyed at my sims for serving the food after they prepare it.

_monique_

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2007, 10:43:57 pm »

XPTL:
"other sims use to ignore the food left even when they are hungry" - I'm not sure of that but I dont like that too, that is a separate Bhavs and not part of this hack, I didnt modify our sim's decision where to go if they are hungry. If you have time maybe you want to help me and search those Bhavs (Sims' decision when they are hungry) and modify it, I'm sure simmers would love to have that hack too. I'll consider the rest of your statements as a request but right now I'm busy reviewing "Seasons", checking and playing it without any hacks. And I have some hacks needs updating especially my favorite hacked computer they added "Outerwear" there.

Thanks everyone. Maybe next week I will start updating my hacks.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2007, 10:54:30 pm by _monique_ » Logged

kathy
TRAITOR

Rotten traitor

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2007, 04:26:43 am »

Nice job!
flameflash

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2007, 12:00:44 pm »

Quote from: _monique_;603164
XPTL:
"other sims use to ignore the food left even when they are hungry" - I'm not sure of that but I dont like that too, that is a separate Bhavs and not part of this hack, I didnt modify our sim's decision where to go if they are hungry. If you have time maybe you want to help me and search those Bhavs (Sims' decision when they are hungry) and modify it, I'm sure simmers would love to have that hack too. I'll consider the rest of your statements as a request but right now I'm busy reviewing "Seasons", checking and playing it without any hacks. And I have some hacks needs updating especially my favorite hacked computer they added "Outerwear" there.

Thanks everyone. Maybe next week I will start updating my hacks.

It's much appreciated Monique.

Would anybody have any ideas on some possible hack conflicts with leftovers?

I've been attempting to track down the culprit, but so far my sims just won't use the leftover function.  I've tested in a hack-free game and know that it's not the game itself, leftovers works wonderfully, so the culprit is one of the hacks I'm using, and the logical ones involving fridges just don't work.

The folks on the sims2 boards over at EA claim it's custom food, can anybody corroborate this?  I'd hate to lose all the great custom food I've grabbed.  (And maybe a suggested place to put this post :rabbit: )
jphill11

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2007, 03:46:31 pm »

THANK YOU, Monique!  I've been looking around for a place to request a no serving meals hack and find that you've already done it!  Smiley
amythestfenix

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2007, 11:27:40 am »

Thank you, Monique! I love this hack and I'm glad you've updated it so soon Smiley
Carla Sturmer

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 10, 2007, 10:52:56 pm »

I always wanted some to stop Sims from serving meals.  Each one that's hungry should go there and serve his or her own meal!  Thanks a lot, Monique!

"Do you really think it is weakness that yields to temptation? I tell you that there are terrible temptations which it requires strength, strength and courage to yield to."
Oscar Wilde
daysies

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: March 28, 2007, 12:01:38 am »

I don't mind my Sims serving meals but I would rather them place the plates on tables closest to the kitchen (just the kitchen, preferably) instead of out in the patio or deck and the family ends up all separated during a meal.  I hope the "no serving" will take care of that.
flameflash

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: March 28, 2007, 09:24:12 am »

For me, this makes the whole putting leftovers issue so much easier.  Before this a sim would just serve, not caring that only two sims were hungry and then having to run around after eating and put each individual plate away.  This cuts that out, which is much appreciated.
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: