Insimenator.org
April 28, 2024, 11:39:55 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: OFB installation problem/Radeon 9600  (Read 1310 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
FoxgloveUK

View Profile
« on: February 28, 2007, 09:53:25 am »

I am having severe problems trying to install OFB. The installer is changing my video settings to 8 bit and back to 32 bit throughout the installation. When the installation is finished the video settings revert back to 32. This hasn't happened with any other EP. EA support are trying to help me but haven't succeeded as yet.

The only thing that doesn't look right on my PC is the fact that I have a primary and secondary driver for the video card in Device manager.

Does anyone have this problem, or know how to fix it?

Thanks
billyd1000

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2007, 10:46:14 am »

My guess is that by primary and secondary, you are seeing the current driver and the driver to "roll" back to if you have a problem. Have you got the latest driver update? Is your direct x up to date?

Edit: One thing to check, 1)right ckick your desktop 2)click properties 3) click settings 4) click advanced 5) click troubleshoot, make sure hardware acceleration is set to full.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2007, 10:51:57 am by billyd1000 » Logged

Burn the midnight oil, it will be daylight soon....
FoxgloveUK

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2007, 11:23:43 am »

Quote from: billyd1000;602174
My guess is that by primary and secondary, you are seeing the current driver and the driver to "roll" back to if you have a problem. Have you got the latest driver update? Is your direct x up to date?

Edit: One thing to check, 1)right ckick your desktop 2)click properties 3) click settings 4) click advanced 5) click troubleshoot, make sure hardware acceleration is set to full.

Hi there

Yes to both and EA already had me check the acceleration (which was at full anyway).  I think I have done everything known to Man...

I've been having this problem since OFB came out, yet all the Stuff packs and Pets have installed fine.  It's driving me crazy
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: