Insimenator.org
March 29, 2024, 04:32:18 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: seasons probs  (Read 7810 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
foxshasta

View Profile
« on: February 28, 2007, 11:08:06 pm »

Hey there all

I downloaded my ep 5 today and was very happy with it....EXCEPT...my sims are always using the tub or shower.  I mean like every time they finish...they're back in again.  They even want to shower when they're already clean!  Also, with the fishing  part, I'm not able to fish.  Also, does anyone know how to play in the snow or is it just the old way with making snowpeople?
foxshasta

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2007, 11:10:39 pm »

I also forgot to add that everytime my sims meet someone new, they start by throwing water ballons like every minute or so.
Jenna
Queen of Spamming
Admin

Who farted?

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2007, 12:00:36 am »

You do mean purchased the game legally, correct? Hah.

If you have the InSimenator still active, remove it. Now. If that's not the case, check your downloads folder for any errant hacks, those can always cause...interesting problems, such as the bathtub/shower obsession. Or maybe they just really, really like being clean.

To fish, you need to have a pond that's deep enough. Digging down about 4-5 'clicks' has proven deep enough for me. From third-hand reports, I've also heard the InSim is causing problems with people not being able to fish.

To play in the snow, just click an open area of snow-covered ground and choose 'Make Snow Angel' or 'Build Snowman'. Clicking on another Sim while outside will also give you the option for a snowball fight in the 'Play' menu.

As for the water balloon fights, playful Sims seem to really love that freakin' activity.

Quote from: Engram
Jenna and I make cute babbiez! LOL
Quote from: Isadora
Great, another night of chicken chair typing.
foxshasta

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2007, 12:24:28 am »

Thanks very much Comical, I appreciate the help!  yeah, I'm one of those people that don't mess with going to the store to buy sims ep's.  I do the ole download from EA.  For your help, I'll tell you a dumb joke.  Ready?  A man went to the grocery store and bought a loaf of bread, half a gallon of milk, and a 1 serving tv dinner.  He went to the checkout and the cashier said, "I bet you're single"....the guy says..."yeah, how did you know?"....cashier says....."because you're ugly".  the end
PiperK1980

Abnormally Typical

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2007, 02:45:40 pm »

:laughing: That's funny foxshasta!!!

My Seasons is on it's way, so I'm just here seeing what problems came up. I'll make sure to post if I have any.

Click here to join The Animal Army! It's good for what ails ya!!

X-Men Fan? Join today!
Twinmum

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2007, 10:22:52 pm »

I believe that sometimes sims will constantly shower to keep warm.. is it winter?
greypersephone

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2007, 12:14:34 am »

My Sims won't stop showering either. The thing is their temp gauge is all the way up to high and it is fall so I can't see it being because they are cold. The water balloon fighting is on my last nerve. And has anyone had their Sim spontaneouly combust. Two of my Sims did. I was able to save one by pleading with the Grim Reaper but the other Sim is no more. I was so good and removed all my downloads which I had never done for any of the other expansions. I am so frustrated and I am about ready to uninstall the Seasons until some wonderful person creates a hack to control their firestarting ways and showering obsession.

Evil shenanigans!
pennyhugo

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2007, 02:43:03 am »

My Sims and the visitors goes to the pool to swim even it's winter, what's wrong with that? And why the pool doesnt freeze during winter?
Faithluv

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2007, 02:46:31 am »

Quote from: pennyhugo;605084
My Sims and the visitors goes to the pool to swim even it's winter, what's wrong with that? And why the pool doesnt freeze during winter?

The pools are heated I believe.

1st place ~ A Swan to be...
2nd place ~ Big Daddy & Sim Dreams
3rd place ~ Raising Half a Dozen
Visit Topsims2 For Shannon And More!
Username Pr
teardrops37

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2007, 03:57:14 am »

Quote from: foxshasta;603204
Hey there all

I downloaded my ep 5 today and was very happy with it....EXCEPT...my sims are always using the tub or shower.  I mean like every time they finish...they're back in again.  They even want to shower when they're already clean!  Also, with the fishing  part, I'm not able to fish.  Also, does anyone know how to play in the snow or is it just the old way with making snowpeople?

Try and remove the insiminater then restart the game with out it. You will be able to fish, and play in the snow. (snow angels and snowball fights, and build snowman)  I have all the expansion packs and all I could do was get the little star above the water with the fish swimming below, no option to fish. Nothing would happen in the snow. After I removed the insiminater, everything worked fine.
Except custom content trees in the fall!!! LOL

Stand with me and become one with the winds, do not fear them, for you are never alone::smilieiforgetwhi::
foxshasta

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2007, 03:00:43 pm »

yeah as soon as Comical suggested taking out insimenator, I did and it worked ok then.  Graphics are pretty weird but its playable which is very good. Smiley
billyd1000

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 03, 2007, 07:27:46 am »

Quote from: greypersephone;604915
My Sims won't stop showering either. The thing is their temp gauge is all the way up to high and it is fall so I can't see it being because they are cold. The water balloon fighting is on my last nerve. And has anyone had their Sim spontaneouly combust. Two of my Sims did. I was able to save one by pleading with the Grim Reaper but the other Sim is no more. I was so good and removed all my downloads which I had never done for any of the other expansions. I am so frustrated and I am about ready to uninstall the Seasons until some wonderful person creates a hack to control their firestarting ways and showering obsession.

You may want to double check for a conflicting mod of some sort. Also sims have always been known to take unnecessary baths if using the wooden bare bath tub. And as far as burning up, that is supposed to be funny. Think about all the ways EA\Maxis made available for sims to burn! Smiley

Burn the midnight oil, it will be daylight soon....
greypersephone

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 03, 2007, 03:19:25 pm »

Thanks billy. I searched through the downloads file. I found some mods that I didnt know I had left in the downloads file and seem to have corrected the the burning and showering issues. It's playable now except cant have a baby so there has to be something I missed. Expansion packs are always so fun.

Evil shenanigans!
sbt

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 04, 2007, 01:57:26 pm »

How do you all get enough snow to play in please? We have been playing it since UPS delivered it on the 28th and we have been through every season, not speeded up, actual game speed and all we get is a dusting of snow. No accumulation at all. It is now Spring and the pond is still frozen too, is that normal?

All of our hacks and mods are removed until creators update them so it can't be a conflict on those.

How do you get more snow to play in please?
ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 04, 2007, 02:42:19 pm »

Quote from: sbt;609621
How do you all get enough snow to play in please? We have been playing it since UPS delivered it on the 28th and we have been through every season, not speeded up, actual game speed and all we get is a dusting of snow. No accumulation at all. It is now Spring and the pond is still frozen too, is that normal?

All of our hacks and mods are removed until creators update them so it can't be a conflict on those.

How do you get more snow to play in please?

The amount of snow is completely random, unless some mod has come up with a way to control how much falls.  Just like some parts of the world, cold weather and frozen ponds exist in springtimes too.  Warm weather will thaw the pond, and time will give you more snow than you care for.
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: