Insimenator.org
April 19, 2024, 04:56:04 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Game crashes when moving to lots and houses bin-Help!  (Read 2406 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
BrinasCreations

View Profile WWW
« on: July 17, 2007, 12:38:17 am »

I've tried it over and over today. :dontknow: Please help!

I've got a custom neighborhood that I want to delete because I don't play it anymore.  It was a very large and crowded 'hood that was played quite a bit.  I killed off everyone except for three lots full of sims that I'd like to move to the new neighborhood.

So I keep trying to upload a family to the lots and houses bin, and every single time my game just crashes!  I don't usually have problems with crashing, in fact I can play for hours without saving because my game is typically so dependable.  

Any ideas why I cant move my sims to the lots and houses bin?  Is there any way I can work around this problem and get the families moved?

I've tried a search on this site but found nothing.
I've tried removing my downloads folder and the game still crashed.

I welcome any suggestions!! I'm one of those people who gets very attached to thier sims! :shh:
MissDoh

Back for more!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2007, 10:44:11 am »

I think if each family lot are package and then reinstall in the new hood it should be pretty safe too.

Not sure a 100% though but it is a lot safer then moving them from hood to hood within the game.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2007, 03:14:29 pm by MissDoh » Logged
BrinasCreations

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2007, 02:15:12 pm »

Yeah its bad I know!  Thats how one of my neighborhoods ended up with 1500 character files, most of which were useless duplicates from thier memories.  It did cause some glitching.  

Is sending the family to a package file going to turn out the same as sending them to the bin?  Wouldn't they still have all the memories?  I'm going to try this and see if it also causes my game to crash. I'm still curious as to why my game can't handle this function.

I might try the thing with Sim PE, but I have lots of trouble using it.  SimPE is not very user friendly.
tellmewhatyoumeant

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2007, 02:17:32 pm »

I moved the Goth's to Strangetown once that way...It didn't mess them up too bad. That was on a laptop I had awhile ago!

you learn that you don't have the right to demand love on your terms, just to make you happy
MissDoh

Back for more!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2007, 03:28:36 pm »

Brinas, from my personal experience when I install packaged lot in the game, Sims will keep memories regarding the other sims living on the same lot only and will keep their relationship intact.  So if 2 were in love on that lot, they will still be in love when you install the package lot in a new hood.

If it is not what you want, your best bet is too use simpe and package each sim individually as Dinki explained.  It is way easier then it looks to export Sims with Simpe.  Here is an illustrated tutorial explaining how, for exporting sims only simply follow the 12 operations in Step 1, sounds like a lot but you will see, it is pretty easy.  Tutorial-Giving your in-game sims a permanent make-over.
BrinasCreations

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2007, 03:59:52 pm »

^Thanks very much for the tutorial link MissDoh!  I'm going to use that today.

I tried to package a lot, but noticed it was taking a ridiculous amount of time.  After sitting there like an idiot and staring at the screen for 5 minutes, I got up, put in a load of laundry, paid the bills.  When I came back the lot was still loading to a package!  I don't see how on earth it could take 20 minutes to package the file, so I have to conclude that that function isn't working either.  SimPe seems to be my only option so wish me luck!
MissDoh

Back for more!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2007, 09:27:05 pm »

My guess is the lot is corrupted because normally it should not take more than 1 minutre to package a lot even if you have many cc stuff on it.

Good luck and I hope you will be able to get all your sims back. Smiley

If you wish, you can try to package another lot in another hood you know is ok, to see how it should normally go and how much it should take.
BrinasCreations

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2007, 03:11:46 pm »

I think that whole neighborhood is corrupted.  I extracted my fav sims with SimPe, it really wasnt that hard with the nice tutorial. Then I deleted the old neighborhood.  Its probably best this way, otherwise my transferred sims would have brought the neighborhood problems with them.  

But now they have lost family connections... time to find a SimPe tutorial on how to fix that!
MissDoh

Back for more!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2007, 03:22:15 pm »

You can also use the family adjuster module from the insimenator to recreate their family ties.

Best is to create them in CAS but for the rest, you can use insimenator.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: