Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 04:36:13 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: seasons probs  (Read 7808 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
billyd1000

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 04, 2007, 02:59:13 pm »

Quote from: ancienthighway;609673
The amount of snow is completely random, unless some mod has come up with a way to control how much falls.  Just like some parts of the world, cold weather and frozen ponds exist in springtimes too.  Warm weather will thaw the pond, and time will give you more snow than you care for.

Acienthighway you are correct again!! I have played several winters through with miniimal snow when I finally got the big one. I am now pricing new computers as my notebook has met it's Waterloo. Wow!! Talk about graphics slow downs, I wouldn't wish for heavy snow unless you have a power house system!!

Burn the midnight oil, it will be daylight soon....
sbt

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 04, 2007, 05:34:25 pm »

Thank You both so much about the snow. We have pretty good systems and haven't had much slowdown, hopefully it will remain lol.
lajwheeler
« Reply #17 on: March 04, 2007, 05:47:36 pm »

Has anyone had any problems with not being able to purchase items in the stores? I am not able to purchase new outfits because I removed the insim, don't have the wardrobe hack so I have to go downtown and can't purchase anything. It is so weird. Waiting very patiently for new version of insim...
tameno8

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 04, 2007, 08:13:11 pm »

Quote from: sbt;609621
How do you all get enough snow to play in please? We have been playing it since UPS delivered it on the 28th and we have been through every season, not speeded up, actual game speed and all we get is a dusting of snow. No accumulation at all. It is now Spring and the pond is still frozen too, is that normal?

All of our hacks and mods are removed until creators update them so it can't be a conflict on those.

How do you get more snow to play in please?

in the aspiration rewards there is a weather controler device, can't think of the name of it, but all you do is click on it and have your sim turn it on. you can make it snow, rain or hail.you can even extend the diffrent seasons or change it to a diffrent one. i know it works 'cause i've used it to make enough snow to make snow angles and build a snowman. still haven't been able to have a snpwball fight yet, haven't tryed. i hope Eric fixes the insimenator soon. having trouble living without it.:bawl: please Eric fix it soon!
Bev in NY

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 04, 2007, 08:36:23 pm »

Thanks guys...i came on here also to see what problems others were having...and i am having some of the same issues...can't fish....no snow angels or snowmen...i have had snowball fights....but i see u all suggest removing the insimenator which that is probally the problem.....i just got the insim..couple weeks ago and discovering it's many great things and now i got to remove it....Oh well i'm sure Eric is working on an update....I must say i like this new expansion....

BEV
Care

contimplation or constipation?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: March 04, 2007, 11:15:25 pm »

I changed mt insim from dest to obj i can now fish but they want to shower all the time.. Also when it snows it has to be deep enough for the snowman/angel or u cant do it... So We will all just have to settle for the little qirks for the insim till a new one comes out I can live w/it for a bit.. Better than nothing Smiley

virgynia
« Reply #21 on: March 06, 2007, 10:48:21 pm »

I've not had problems with showers or fishing (if the pond is deep enough) but I am having trouble with snow... when it snows the yard goes all flashy blue... help?
Dory

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 07, 2007, 03:12:58 am »

Quote from: virgynia;614695
I've not had problems with showers or fishing (if the pond is deep enough) but I am having trouble with snow... when it snows the yard goes all flashy blue... help?

I've heard this sometimes happens when you have custom ground cover.  If not then it might be your graphics card.  My game looked great until it snowed heavily, then all the surrounding lots would turn black.  I went online and updated my graphics card driver for free and now everything looks fabulous.  Whew!

If updating your driver doesn't work, then you might have to get a new graphics card (or just live with the flashy blue for a while).
Berilac Burrows

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 07, 2007, 07:32:23 am »

I also had a number of problems such as not being able to fish, playing in the snow, joining garden club, catching butterflies etc. I have found that it is due to a number of hacks conflicting seasons. The outdoor activities were affected by mq's teleporter hack, once this was removed all was fine, I think if you have any hack that you have to click on a lot then remove it & see if that makes a difference. Snowball fights are found under 'play' menu, this was also missing as was give gift so I remove all hacks that are sim related (have to click on sim to bring up menu) This seems to have cured the problem. Am now going through the slow process of putting each hack back one by one to see which ones are causing the problems. Any way just thought I would share that with you incase it helps.
Fweetsma

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 07, 2007, 08:10:22 am »

I seem to have a problem with "plan outfit...everyday", when I click on a dresser. I have sent my simmies to the local boutique to add to their wardrobe, but when they come home with the new gear, they can't choose another outfit. All other sections of the clothing menu seem to work.
Fweetsma

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 07, 2007, 08:16:07 am »

Sorry Guys! Just discovered a similar thread down the que a bit. Will go and have a read through there.
Amica999

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 07, 2007, 02:46:05 pm »

Hi Foxshasta, don't worry...same happened to me, but went away the next day. The Simmies behave "normal"..:-) And you may be pleased to hear it's not the Insim to blame for that..:-)
andlovesaidno13

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 22, 2007, 02:58:40 pm »

Yeah, my sims keep wanting to take baths and showers, even visitors. It's driving me batty.  And when my sims were sleeping their bed just caught on fire for no reason. I have mods for most of the other things like the water balloons, but my sim's need to shower is incessant.  Please make a mod to stop them.

::smilieiforgetwhi::Lets leave this place and say that we escaped
We'll say that there's no difference between right and wrong tonight
We'll leave no trace of plans that we have made
So they can't find us and take what is ours
::smilieiforgetwhi::
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: