Insimenator.org
April 27, 2024, 03:27:33 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: red flashing light  (Read 1329 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
raven_girl

View Profile
« on: May 25, 2007, 09:27:52 pm »

I just installed sims celebration pack and now my house is flashing red and black constantly is there a reason for that?
caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2007, 09:32:45 pm »

It's either due to your video card not being up to snuff or you need to update your drivers. Check the sims2 website and check the specs to make sure your video card meets the minimum requirements, if not, then it's probably time to think of upgrading. If it does, then try updating your video drivers.

If you don't know what video card you have, you can check by going to Start>Run, then type in dxdiag and hit OK. Click on the tab that says "display" and your video card will be listed right at the top where it says "Name".

Everybody should believe something.
I believe I'll have more coffee.
raven_girl

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2007, 03:37:11 am »

Well it never had a problem with sims 2, just the extension, but the video card is pretty crap but it's weird that it should be doing it now
caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2007, 08:45:48 pm »

The thing is, even though it worked fine for the base game, each ep adds animations which make more demands upon your computer, particularly your video card, especially from Nightlife onward. If you go to the sims2 site and look at the requirements for the base game, and compare it to all the eps from university onward, you'll see the basic minimum requirements for just about everything change for just about each ep.

This increased demand on computer resources is why so many people find everything ran smoothly with the base game, but not with the eps.

Information on all the eps and stuff packs Click on "learn more" then "System requirements" to find the specs.

Everybody should believe something.
I believe I'll have more coffee.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: