Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 02:28:18 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Probably The Silliest Questions Yet  (Read 3224 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
TickleYu

View Profile
« on: March 01, 2007, 06:51:20 pm »

I have searched and searched for the wishing well and I can't seem to find it.  Also I got to download the swing set for getting my copy of Sims Seasons at Best Buy and I can't locate that in the catalog either.  :sad1:

I know some items like that weather machine are an award item, Is the wishing well an award item maybe?  But the swing set, I thought for sure would be listed in the catalog right next to the original swing set. No such luck :boohoo:  

On another note,  I can't seem to go fishing.  I have a pond, it looks like little fishies jump around in there, but when I click on the pond I don't get an option to fish.

I don't have the foggiest how to go about catching the butterflies and fireflies?  Is it an object that I have to purchase or do the little critters just start flying around my simmies?  

Other then that,  I am enjoying the new expansion pack :angel:

Thanx in advance for any insight you might have

TickleYu *Teresa*
« Last Edit: March 01, 2007, 07:38:56 pm by TickleYu » Logged

CRUNCH*A*TIZE ME CAP'N!
Flyleaf

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2007, 07:04:40 pm »

The wishing well is a reward item, if I remember correctly. I don't know about the swing set, although it may be with the old one (much like a recolor). I could be wrong, though. Sad

...Kennedy.
enchantedw0lf

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2007, 07:26:53 pm »

The wishing well is a reward item that you can only get by scoring extremely high with the Garden Club when you try for a membership with them.

Did you download the swingset and then place it inside of your downloads folder? If so, then I'm afraid I can't help on that.

As for the fish, your pond has to be at least 4x4 squares wide and 2 squares deep. Also, you can't fish when the pond has frozen over.

EDIT: I can help with the swingset. Check out http://www.snootysims.com it is a known issue with the bonus items. Theres a link on the frontpage there for a message from MaxoidDrea about it.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2007, 07:41:23 pm by enchantedw0lf » Logged

:daisy:
TickleYu

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2007, 07:48:12 pm »

Quote from: enchantedw0lf;604410
The wishing well is a reward item that you can only get by scoring extremely high with the Garden Club when you try for a membership with them.

Did you download the swingset and then place it inside of your downloads folder? If so, then I'm afraid I can't help on that.

As for the fish, your pond has to be at least 4 squares wide and 2 squares deep. Also, you can't fish when the pond has frozen over.

EDIT: I can help with the swingset. Check out http://www.snootysims.com it is a known issue with the bonus items. Theres a link on the frontpage there for a message from MaxoidDrea about it.

Thank you flyleaf and Enchantedw0lf, :thumblef:  on the info regarding the wishing well.  About the swing set what I read at snootysims was:
Bonus download faulty
Many people are having problems with the bonus items like the trellis and raincoat. Some items are not installing and those that do, don't show up in the game. MaxoidDrea posted a message in the Sims2.com BBS that Maxis is aware of the problems and are working on a fix.

So that answers those questions.

My pond, I am not sure about the depth, but it is much bigger then 4 squares.  I will go and dig it deeper to make sure.

Thank you so much not only your help but your quickness in doing so.  I was wondering if buying the primo guide might help me a bit??

TickleYu

CRUNCH*A*TIZE ME CAP'N!
enchantedw0lf

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2007, 08:04:26 pm »

I am going to say that yes, the guide will help you because that is exactly where I got the info from to give you and I have learned so much from it, I don't think I would be able to get the full use of seasons without it.

:daisy:
Twinmum

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2007, 09:50:58 pm »

As for not being able to fish.. if you click on the pond does the curser change as if there is an action available yet you get no choice? I had that problem so I took out all my CC and hacks and it worked.The problem was the InSim (but the powers that be are aware of it :smile:  )
TickleYu

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2007, 10:03:50 pm »

Quote from: Twinmum;604614
As for not being able to fish.. if you click on the pond does the curser change as if there is an action available yet you get no choice? I had that problem so I took out all my CC and hacks and it worked.The problem was the InSim (but the powers that be are aware of it :smile:  )

I don't have InSim, but I do have a lot of other hacks.  I put them back in my game little by little, but never tested the fishing thingy out with them not in it.  I do get options when I click on the water, just not fish,  more other choices to fly here, stalk here, transport here etc.  No fishing though.  I will take my hacks back out and then start putting them back in slowly to try to figure out which one it might be.

Thanx bunches,
TickleYu

CRUNCH*A*TIZE ME CAP'N!
adammc80

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2007, 11:00:18 pm »

Does anyone know if the OBJ or DEST versions of Insimenator work better than the SIM version with seasons? I usually use the SIM version, but I could probably live with one of the other versions until it is updated. I don't know if I could go completely without though. I need the insimenator as much as I need air, lol.
Cinamun

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2007, 11:03:01 pm »

I was just going to ask about the Wishing Well because I couldnt find it either! So thanks for asking and thanks you guys for answering!!! Guess I have to hone up my gardening skills!

...enjoying the game.
adammc80

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2007, 01:05:58 am »

I tried out the OBJ version of the insimenator and it seems to work. I can go fishing now, and catch butterflies. I'll have to wait and see if that version conflicts with anything.
Mado

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2007, 02:05:27 am »

Here's how I got the wishing well:
I used the "boolprop testingcheatsenabled true" cheat and then I did SHIFT+clicked on my sim and chose "spawn." then I chose "Wishing Well" from the spawn list and there it was!

[COLOR=MediumTurquoise]
Nothing is a mistake. Everything is meant to be.[/COLOR]

:lurk: I like to lurk around the sims 2 boards, so if you see me on one, feel free to say hello! ~Mado.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: