Insimenator.org
April 18, 2024, 04:30:37 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Pets not showing up in CAS and missing tails/ears! :(  (Read 2244 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Innocent

View Profile WWW
« on: March 01, 2007, 07:44:25 pm »

When I went into CAS I made a sim. Everything was fine. Went to make a cat, no pet shows up.. Umm maybe its just cats. Try to make a dog. Same thing happens. Sad I went through all of my mods and I can't find anymore. So all hacks are gone but I still can't see cats/dogs in CAS. Also there is some weird things happening with my pets.. Some of them are missing ears and tails. I have no default replacement or any custom pets. They are all made with Maxis content. In game some of them seem to be fine but some of them are just weird. I got one pic I will be attaching. Some help would be appreciated... Thanks. Smiley

*attached image removed*
« Last Edit: June 29, 2009, 12:24:21 pm by caffeinated.joy » Logged

I ate a babeh.
I log in once a year and I don't remember putting THAT ^ as my signature.
XPTL297

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2007, 05:05:49 am »

You seem to be having mesh problems. Very strange because all pets meshes are original. If there's nothing corrupted in your pets installation, it is necessary to ask you if you had installed any patch or anything that can interfere with the original.
I had a problem before when I installed one of Maxis patches and several files were damaged in different EPs, mostly in Uni.
I corrected some and everything went normal again.
It all depends on what you did last.
BeosBoxBoy
Silent

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2007, 03:27:02 am »

Innocent, XPTL is right - the patch utility is unreliable and very prone to file corruption.  I suffered the same problems that XPTL did with base skin tone textures becoming corrupted, clothing files, etc.  I have tested the patches numerous times and they change some things for no reason I can fathom by altering files that need no change and replacing them with complete junk files.

It does look like there is a serious layering issue gone wrong with your mesh when the ears and tail are gone.  what is your video card and operating system?  It is possible you have one of the cards with known problems =(

"There is a certain elegance in wasting time. Any fool can waste money, but when you waste time you waste what is priceless."
-- Maugham, W. Somerset. Ashenden: Or the British Agent.
Innocent

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2007, 02:52:05 pm »

I have an ATI x700. Pets was working fine after I patched it. And after that all I did was install Seasons. I don't know whats going on. What should I do next? Im using Windows XP Media Center Edition. I have the latest drivers for my video card too.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2007, 02:55:16 pm by Innocent » Logged

I ate a babeh.
BeosBoxBoy
Silent

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2007, 07:06:47 pm »

blurg - let me check on the x700 and get back to you

I am seeing problems listed for x700 chipsets with several new 3D games.  It may be that the shaders are being disabled by the default video configuration files of Seasons until the release of DirectX 10.  Windows XP Media Centre Edition is especially problematic and I have had to tell many people to upgrade to real XP (Media Centre is Windows ME with an XP look & feel so it is bound to be problematic as the original Windows ME).

Try editing the user startup cheat file:

C:\Documents and Settings\*Your Windows Log-in Name*\My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Config\userStartup.cheat

-or-

C:\My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Config\userStartup.cheat

use note pad to open it, and add boolprop useshaders true on a new line and save the file

This may solve the problem.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2007, 07:16:13 pm by ~Marvine~ » Logged

"There is a certain elegance in wasting time. Any fool can waste money, but when you waste time you waste what is priceless."
-- Maugham, W. Somerset. Ashenden: Or the British Agent.
Innocent

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2007, 08:49:14 pm »

Yeah this didn't work. Sad I went to Pepe's to try to buy a pet. They show up in the display fine. Then when I click purchase the dog didn't show up in the preview. Everything is empty. I let it create it anyways and the dog is invisable. I know that it is there becasue my sim tries to pet it. And its face is just a blank. I really dont know what to do now. I tried to email EA but the site is sucky. Sad

Pets I made before Seasons are showing up.

I now went back to CAS . Nothing shows up except custom dogs and cats but when I click on them they dont show up in the preview. Everything is blanc. All the colars are gone and even the sliders to change the pets appearance are gone. So are eyes, hair types, EVERYTHING. Sad

I guess Im looking at uninstalling. Sad

Heres some pics and still no cure, hehe. Cheesy

« Last Edit: March 04, 2007, 05:15:28 am by Innocent » Logged

I ate a babeh.
jspang51

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2007, 08:55:23 pm »

I will be watching this post as I lost my pets too.  Nothing shows just as you show.  
Hope someone can help us!!

gigglesmom

Just remember - if the world didn't suck we'd all fall off!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: