Insimenator.org
May 02, 2024, 06:35:00 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: No custom content creating a new sim - please help  (Read 1711 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
aynia

View Profile
« on: March 02, 2007, 05:39:08 pm »

When I started the game after installing Seasons I thought everything was fine because everything looked the same and the custom objects were showing up and functioning... But when I tried creating a new Sim I realized all the custom genetics are missing!

Can someone tell me what I can do to resolve that problem?
BeosBoxBoy
Silent

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2007, 06:29:55 pm »

the most likely problem is that you need to enable the custom content, exit the game, then run the game a 2nd time with custom content enabled.  This should re-enable the custom skin tones.  If it does not then delete Accessory.cache and Groups.cache from:

C:\Documents and Settings\*Your Windows Log-in Name Here*\My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2

and re-try.

as a last resort download and install a random Sim from the exchange in game and see if it add the custom skin tone for that Sim.

"There is a certain elegance in wasting time. Any fool can waste money, but when you waste time you waste what is priceless."
-- Maugham, W. Somerset. Ashenden: Or the British Agent.
aynia

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2007, 09:27:03 am »

Thanks for responding!

First of all - I was able to solve the problem in the meantime and I'm very, very glad everything's working! ^^

After the installation there was an option to enable the custom content and I did just that. So that was not the problem.

Since nobody else had a similar problem posted I guessed there must be something wrong with the custom content itself. So I deleted some things I discovered weren't functioning in the game anyways - and voila, problem solved!!
BeosBoxBoy
Silent

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2007, 10:22:45 am »

excellent news!  aynia, if you would list what the items were, you might help others who have a similar problem. *hint*hint*

"There is a certain elegance in wasting time. Any fool can waste money, but when you waste time you waste what is priceless."
-- Maugham, W. Somerset. Ashenden: Or the British Agent.
aynia

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2008, 04:12:12 pm »

Quote from: beosboxboy;607042
excellent news!  aynia, if you would list what the items were, you might help others who have a similar problem. *hint*hint*

Ok, it's been a while... but I know I deleted some custom trees - I'm pretty sure these trees were the reason the custom content didn't show when creating a sim.

General advice:
Check your custom content (esp. objects), best to do this is in the build mode. There is probably something that doesn't work right and blocks the custom content to show up. Not working objects (also trees, windows etc.) are marked red (as far as I remember), or don't show up at all but check first for red marked objects and delete those.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: