Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 01:50:40 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]
  Print  
Author Topic: Fun with Plant People  (Read 22871 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Bloody_Tears

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: June 11, 2007, 06:01:45 am »

This might sound like a fairly stupid question, but are they turned on? Mine aren't always on, so that might be the answer. And I think you can probably use Insim to max all their motives anyway.

"I am become Death, destroyer of worlds" Oppenheimer, taken from The Bhagavad Gita.
sorrowfultear

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: June 13, 2007, 09:03:12 pm »

I went to buy it at target, but it was sold out!! T.T So I ended up getting Uni...

Sunny, Augustus, Akito, (japanese boy name) Starlene, Stellaluna, Daisy, Rosalyn, May, June, Clover, April, Saffron, Violet, Narcissus, May, Lily, Lavendar, Chrysanta, Columbine, Iris...

lol, just look up flower "boy name" or flower "girl name" on google. Tons of stuff.

...I'm going to go all furuba here: (these are all some form of the japanese names for the months, but have to do more w/ the zodiac than the seasons)

Girls:
Ren
Kagura
Kisa

Boys:
Hatsuharu (Haru)
Momiji
Yuki
Kyo
Aayame (Aaya)
Shigure
Hatori
Hiro
Ritsu

lol yeah. you can tell i've thought about this alot. XD
(I think I've mentioned a lot that were shown before... btw, "maru" is a masculine japanese ending for "boy", so just tack that on the end of anything)

Come see my sims HERE!
Download Christian
*ike ike go! go! ore go! go!*
tngrspacecadet

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 15, 2007, 07:05:21 am »

i also assumed that the sun lamps were on when they were not.

i just got seasons so played the greenmans for the first time last night after reading this thread!

goodness, but plant sims make a nice change... the toddlers just happily skill themselves and just need the occasional bath. jason burnt some food and i had put a sprinkler in the kitchen, after it went off needless to say the puddles of water were a great source of amusement.:happy8:

and yes, my aspiration really is grilled cheese :tongue8:
Sam the T-man
Formerly known as Sadie

On hiatus from Insim

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: June 15, 2007, 09:52:30 am »

I've got a plantsim in my game whose LTW was to max all his skills, and he's perma-plat Wink Got a load of toys and let the tots please themselves most of the time - talk about refreshing change! Cheesy

No requests please
Vampyre

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 15, 2007, 10:03:40 am »

They make great business managers too I discovered.

Uh...  plantsims not tots.
Sam the T-man
Formerly known as Sadie

On hiatus from Insim

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: June 16, 2007, 12:14:29 pm »

Riverblossom Hills is good for getting into how they work, but can't beat your own Smiley I cheated with mine Wink

No requests please
Vampyre

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: June 16, 2007, 12:22:12 pm »

Quote from: haushinka_2007;777495
I've yet to have a Plant Sim.
I'm dying to get one.
Even though I can just go into Riverblossom and play that one.
:smt106

Use that bug spray every chance you get.

Buy a few trees instead of just one.

Wake your sim up in the middle of the night to go down and spray trees if you have to.

Spray! Smiley

Then you could get one.  Just might happen.

Have I mentioned that your sim should spray the trees?

Don't get the ladybug house.... not until you're successful.
chocholady90009

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: June 27, 2007, 09:40:09 am »

guess im going to have to try to do some cheating to get me a plant sim like have a plant sim spawn and then have the spawn move to different neighbourhoods
chocholady90009

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: July 03, 2007, 11:07:58 am »

Quote from: Corylea;606121
I just had my first normal sim turn into a plant person, and it's fun.

He was spraying a buggy plant, and then a cloud of spray enveloped him, and I thought, "Oh, crap, he's poisoned himself."  But no.  After the game froze for quite awhile (must be a complicated transition for the poor guys :-)), he turned into a plant sim.

Plant sims have three needs:  Sunlight, Water, and Love.  No more toilets, comfy sofas or TV!  One of his options when taking care of plants now is "talk to plant."  And he hunkers down beside a plant and has a conversation.  He seems to talk about normal sim interests, but ones that are especially relevant to plants: weather, environment, and animals.  At one point, he was talking about ladybugs and made buzzing sounds when talking. :-)  I had him talk to a sickly plant, and he made it healthy again, just by talking to it.  AND talking to the plant satisfied his own "love" need.  Cool!

When his water need got low, I tried having him drink some water, but that only raised it a little bit.  But taking a shower -- bam!  Full up! :-)

Well, this happened five minutes ago, so I don't have a lot of details yet, but I thought it was fun and wanted to encourage people to try it at least once.

Happy simming!

so im 62 and love my Sims game to peices
Tomkat

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: July 04, 2007, 08:06:58 am »

PlantSims/werewolves/vampires/zombies etc never last long in my game, maybe for about 3 days at most, then I get bored with them..
Maybe I should try a plantsim again... it just sucks that you cant change their hair... I did it once by mere fluke, but can't remember how... plus the skin is boring, I still haven't found a decent replacement
Nita-Chan

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: July 06, 2007, 09:52:50 am »

I love plantsims. <333  They're so much fun.  I totally forgot I had a ladybug house and I sat there, like, HAY, WHY DON'T MY PLANTS GET BUGS. D:<  Then I realized, oh, ladybug house = no bugs. xD;;  So I didn't buy one when I got a garden for another one of my Sims, who adores gardening; it's her life, pretty much.  She sprays her plants before she goes to work, and her husband sprays them while she's gone.  I'm afraid he's going to turn into a plantsim, because he's like, a celebrity, and I can't imagine having a celebrity plant-sim. ; n;  But I don't mind his wife much. xD  After all, she IS the garden-holic.  So it's fine with me.

I had no idea that the heat lamps gave the plantsims sunlight.  To think I always made them go outside when I wanted them to get sun! xD!!  But I'm okay with it, mainly because I love gardening with Rose.  She has mystical healing powers or something. o_o  I have yet to download a replacement skin for the plantsims, but I'm getting ready to right now. xD
KacoshiAjewl

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: July 06, 2007, 10:28:39 am »

I would love to have an Pixie Moss as a default replacement for my plant sims T-T It would be the perfict plantsim skin

"You told me today...that the demons are the good ones...then why do the angels try so hard to be good?"
"They say Angels are perfict...well I dont belive that Propganda spread by there leader the Dark witch..."
Aconite

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: September 10, 2008, 11:26:35 am »

I currently have a plantsim called Echidna (yup, ive been playing Devil May Cry 4 :smile:) Another of mine is Gaia.
If ur imagination fails, just look up a couple of plant names, maybe altering the sounds a little to make them unique :smile:

Ive always fount mythology to be a good resource for names.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]
  Print  

Jump to: