Insimenator.org
March 29, 2024, 02:44:59 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5
  Print  
Author Topic: Fun with Plant People  (Read 22881 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Corylea
Site Santa!

View Profile
« on: March 02, 2007, 05:17:30 pm »

I just had my first normal sim turn into a plant person, and it's fun.

He was spraying a buggy plant, and then a cloud of spray enveloped him, and I thought, "Oh, crap, he's poisoned himself."  But no.  After the game froze for quite awhile (must be a complicated transition for the poor guys :-)), he turned into a plant sim.

Plant sims have three needs:  Sunlight, Water, and Love.  No more toilets, comfy sofas or TV!  One of his options when taking care of plants now is "talk to plant."  And he hunkers down beside a plant and has a conversation.  He seems to talk about normal sim interests, but ones that are especially relevant to plants: weather, environment, and animals.  At one point, he was talking about ladybugs and made buzzing sounds when talking. :-)  I had him talk to a sickly plant, and he made it healthy again, just by talking to it.  AND talking to the plant satisfied his own "love" need.  Cool!

When his water need got low, I tried having him drink some water, but that only raised it a little bit.  But taking a shower -- bam!  Full up! :-)

Well, this happened five minutes ago, so I don't have a lot of details yet, but I thought it was fun and wanted to encourage people to try it at least once.

Happy simming!
« Last Edit: March 02, 2007, 05:49:58 pm by Corylea » Logged

Middle-aged professional woman still plays video games.  Film at 11.
rook_cheshire

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2007, 05:21:33 pm »

Oh I can't wait to get the game. They seem actually neat, unlike werewolves:(
vanessa

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2007, 06:24:37 pm »

If you play in the Flowerhill or whatever is called(I'm in sweden) there is a family of plant people,they have a toddler.The girl can shake her head and get a toddler for 4 days,then the toddler becomes an adult.I already have 3 plant families and I'm totaly into the gardening thing.
Remember to use sunlamps into the house,plant people needs sun.
I have now hudge bathrooms,they need waterII already created the bussiness center and a citty for them. I stayed at home today and played flatout.I love the snow and the rain.Love the game again!

Life is  just a game and we are the sims.

http://www.insimenator.org/showthread.php?t=22717
misstrgal

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2007, 12:05:48 am »

I made my first plantsim and he alrready has plant grandchildren (thanks to age changing cheats) The grown plant children seem to start out with a family aspiration.  For instance the plant grandchild, Bud, wants six grandkids of his own.  And the wishing well sure makes it easy to find love quickly (Yay!)  Plus the non-plant spouses are great for using the abandoned furniture and such.  Plus you can spend a seemingly endless amout of time downtown as long as you have some sun lamps installed in the buildings.  And I now have an additional use for the bath tubs I installed downtown to keep the dogs clean, how convenient.  I LOVE plantsims Yay!
dragon_tfm

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2007, 07:17:26 pm »

cool..i hope walmart has it in stock today...i wann aplay =[

check out my uploads here  updated May 15, 2008

please do not upload my creations anywhere else or claim them as your own thx!
Sam the T-man
Formerly known as Sadie

On hiatus from Insim

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2007, 07:26:07 pm »

I hope the wishing well doesn't spawn people who are already attached... sounds like one hell of a gamble (aside from CrumpleButt climbing out of it Wink)

No requests please
Roxxy

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2007, 05:58:03 pm »

The wishing well mentioned is kinda cool if only it was a little more random and had some variety in regards to the spawned love interest.

*♥.¸My creations are to stay FREE only, enjoy and give credit where it's due¸.♥*
Sam the T-man
Formerly known as Sadie

On hiatus from Insim

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2007, 06:12:56 pm »

I have a werewolf living with a servo, and I turned him into a plant sim - he's become so easy to look after since, and I actually have a use for the drinking water now Cheesy I'm surprised the hot tub doesn't boost the water as much as it would taking a bath though, maybe 'cause it's too hot?

Anyway, I got him to spawn a plant-baby, the guy was maxed out on skills so his tot now has no use for smart-milk, and I got the skill-building toys only to keep her busy. Neither of them even need to sleep - after the fun I've had with some families this is heaven! Might get them to start a business selling home-grown produce if that's possible, since I've got them some orchard trees and garden plots. Will be interesting to see if the juicer keeps his water level up, since it's still liquid.

I'm seriously loving these guys Cheesy

No requests please
Amanda77

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2007, 01:02:18 am »

Yeah Plantsims are cool, and extremely easy to care for....but they have FUGLY babies.  Kinda scary mine were...funny but way scary.  :geek:
simskin

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2007, 12:02:55 pm »

Can't wait to have fun with the plant people...

~ LOST- LOST Visit my story ,,LOST'' on the Insimadult site LOST-LOST~
A story about adventures,betrayal and s*x.
Sam the T-man
Formerly known as Sadie

On hiatus from Insim

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2007, 12:09:36 pm »

@Amanda: Do a search for CAS face replacements... Wink

No requests please
Frostwyrm

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2007, 12:29:00 pm »

Sounds great about Plantsims^^
I should play one myself Cheesy

If there is a law, it has to be Heavy Metal Wink
Mickey57

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 11, 2007, 01:55:33 pm »

Hi all, I am sitting here reading how 'easy' plant people are to take care of.  But I have a plant person problem, a toddler!  I am playing the premade family with the mom and toddler plant and the human dad.  The mom does fine, she gets all that she needs and she is very easy to maintain.  The little one is a nightmare.  She is in the dark red when it comes to sunlight, but the little bugger won't go anywhere where there are sun lamps.  I literally put her in her crib and put two sunlamps over it, her need for light started to get better, made it to orange!  Then the little pest jumped out of her crib and away from the lights.  She was constantly playing in the toilet, so I put some sun lamps right over it, now she does not go near it.  Her love and water are maxed, but her sunlight needs never even get as good as yellow, I am afraid I will lose her.  It seems like my only option would be to put a sumlamp in every available space in the ceiling!  That's just not practical.  Help me!  I am so afraid I will lose her, I don't mind picking off the occasional adult, but I could not handle killing a little baby.  Any Ideas?Huh???

:worship:Big Daddy still got it goin' on!:worship:
Sam the T-man
Formerly known as Sadie

On hiatus from Insim

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 11, 2007, 01:57:44 pm »

Just direct her to play with toys in her room, she should be fine then...

No requests please
Rochelle28nm
« Reply #14 on: March 11, 2007, 01:59:47 pm »

I've been wanting a plant sim for a while now. How many times do I have to use the spray option before I become one?
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5
  Print  

Jump to: