Insimenator.org
April 27, 2024, 11:16:48 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: EA link?  (Read 2333 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Henrik

View Profile
« on: March 03, 2007, 06:34:45 am »

So I reinstalled my computer today and everything went smoothly.
That is untill I was half way through my Sims 2 installation. I have The original game, University, nightlife and OfB on discs so they installed fine, but when I installed EA link and went into my account, behold the horror! I previously bought the first holiday party pack, last years pack, FFS, GLS and Seasons via EA link but they are all gone! There is nothing in my games folder in EA link!

Does anyone know if there is something wrong with EA link? I have been trying to look for support at EA.com but that wasn't easy Sad

I would appreciate if anyone knows if there is something wrong with their servers or could it be something else?

*hugs*

Find more of my creations at Wickedsims
SAVE JERICHO!!!
http://www.savejerichoagain.com
BeosBoxBoy
Silent

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2007, 08:11:18 am »

Henrik - last year about the time they released the 2006 Holiday thing - EA changed the software and site of the downloadable items.  You will need to contact EA tech support and have your credit card report handy.

"There is a certain elegance in wasting time. Any fool can waste money, but when you waste time you waste what is priceless."
-- Maugham, W. Somerset. Ashenden: Or the British Agent.
Henrik

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2007, 08:19:03 am »

Quote from: beosboxboy;606950
Henrik - last year about the time they released the 2006 Holiday thing - EA changed the software and site of the downloadable items.  You will need to contact EA tech support and have your credit card report handy.

Thanks beos *smooch* But I installed the game fine just five days ago from EA link but since I installed Vista Ultimate again I had to reinstall it and it's the same version of EA link I used last thime *shrugs* Will try to call EA support Smiley

*hugs*

SAVE JERICHO!!!
BeosBoxBoy
Silent

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2007, 08:26:56 am »

you're welcome, Henrik.  it may be a software piracy protection by EA, I suspect they are monitoring traffic on things like this and two downloads of the same thing so close together in time may have sent up a flag.

"There is a certain elegance in wasting time. Any fool can waste money, but when you waste time you waste what is priceless."
-- Maugham, W. Somerset. Ashenden: Or the British Agent.
Micco

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2007, 08:37:13 am »

Their servers are crap and the software they use is worse. I've been trying to get Seasons for the last 20 min and it either doesn't connect or it locks up; typical EA.

Woohoo U is now CLOSED.
Henrik

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2007, 09:39:01 am »

Quote from: Micco;606981
Their servers are crap and the software they use is worse. I've been trying to get Seasons for the last 20 min and it either doesn't connect or it locks up; typical EA.

Seems it's a server issue then *pheew* I will try again later.

Thanks to both of you Smiley

SAVE JERICHO!!!
Micco

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2007, 09:42:18 am »

I was finally able to get logged in but they have nothing to sell - everything is a blank page. Looks like I'm either going for a ride or I will have to wait on the shipping.

Woohoo U is now CLOSED.
Henrik

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2007, 11:50:23 am »

Quote from: Micco;607015
I was finally able to get logged in but they have nothing to sell - everything is a blank page. Looks like I'm either going for a ride or I will have to wait on the shipping.

Is the same here so it must be a server issue. Good news although annoying :blob6:

SAVE JERICHO!!!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: