Insimenator.org
May 01, 2024, 02:27:28 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Help with Narrow Skirts  (Read 2289 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
ChristianMateus

View Profile
« on: March 03, 2007, 04:53:35 pm »

as the title states.while I quite good at making Alpha meshes,I suck at making slender dress forms.even tho I assign them properly,the thighs tend to poke through or the butt.so whats the best way to make a slimmer alpha skirt yet work with the sims body
BeosBoxBoy
Silent

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2007, 09:07:52 am »

a slim skirt is going to be a very larger burden to make no "poke through".  Maxis made very few alphas that are over a complete mesh for this very reason.  If can be done, but there will 40-60 hours of working out the assignments and making the vertices match in number and relative position the underlying form.  so if the knee has 20 vertices, the skirt needs 20 vertices in the same place, so 40 in all.  So get the shape working right - then fine tune the mapping.

I am not completely sure where you want to go with this, so that is the best answer I can give without a screen cap

"There is a certain elegance in wasting time. Any fool can waste money, but when you waste time you waste what is priceless."
-- Maugham, W. Somerset. Ashenden: Or the British Agent.
ChristianMateus

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2007, 11:27:07 am »

oh the  slimmer skirt,like Marvine and Chriko's that kinda of slim skirt that I was talking about
marvine
Silent

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2007, 03:26:11 pm »

Beosboxboy is right - I suggest that you take a look at the structure and assignments on the meshes you mentioned, this will explain more than I'm able to in words. But there still isn't a perfect solution for the inside of the legs, you can make it work in most animations but not all; the sexy walk is hell on that kind of mesh, isn't it a shame? :lol:
There isn't and won't be a real solution for skintights alpha skirts, the existing bones can't be properly used to render the way a real skirt slides around the legs when walking. You can use a texture with a line in the middle, you'll see how it goes inside each leg in turn at knee level instead of staying at half distance...
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: