Insimenator.org
April 29, 2024, 12:10:56 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Objectless Recolors  (Read 1547 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
adammc80

View Profile
« on: February 28, 2007, 12:02:14 am »

I'm trying to clean out my downloads a bit and get the game all ready for seasons. I was wondering if the recolors of an object get deleted along with the object or are they still hanging around in the downloads folder? If they don't get deleted, is there any program or anything like that, that detects objectless recolors?
baileybop
Squinge Is My Mastah

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2007, 11:49:42 pm »

If you delete the actual object, the recolors are gone too. Be careful what you delete tho because some things draw their textures from something else.  I have a couple of things that actually draw their texture from a stupid teacup, and I have a lot of tables, I don't use, but can't delete because something else I use draws its' texture from the table.  If you're not sure, then I would just use the design tool, choose the item, click on the design tool and get rid of the recolors you don't like.

I stalk...... oh no, I mean I worship the Hack_Mastah, Squinge :worship:
XPTL297

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2007, 07:09:03 am »

Actually you can delete recolors from inside the game. It is slow but more effective once the game does not delete meshes. If it deals of a recolor of a Maxis object you don't have any trouble because original meshes are never touched by the game. If it is recolors of new meshes, the mesh will remain and SimPe can identify orphan meshes I suppose. Meshes that do not have any recolor will simply not appear in game, but to find out meshes you can run even Windows search. Recolors are more difficult to find out, so the best is to delete them First, and this is better from inside the game.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: