Insimenator.org
March 29, 2024, 10:17:52 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: A problem with fish  (Read 2144 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Konten.Kitsune

View Profile
« on: March 04, 2007, 06:36:54 am »

I have the sims 2 and all its expansions and at first the fish in the fish tank show up OK. But lately they have disappeared. I don't know what may have caused it. I have no hacks or anything but the fish still don't appear. my Graphics Card is: ATI RADEON 9250 if that helps.

watch the birdie...:smt120
XPTL297

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2007, 07:11:39 am »

The fish is not an object but a Shade. There are some threads that deal on this. It seems that your graphic card has to be able to deal with Shades.
I suppose there's something at MTS2 about it, and it can be even here.
But I'm a disaster to link whatever. Run a seach for the key word "Shade" or alike. Maybe you are lucky.
Micco

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2007, 07:20:23 am »

In your My Documents\EA Games\The Sims2\Config folder is a file named userstartup.cheat. Open the file, scroll to the very bottom and below everything else enter "boolProp UseShaders true" without the quotes. Save and exit. Your fish will be back. You may also enter other cheats like "boolProp allow45DegreeAngleOfRotation true" or "uintProp maxNumOfVisitingSims 25" (again, without the quotes) should you tire of entering such things manually.

Woohoo U is now CLOSED.
Konten.Kitsune

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2007, 07:25:10 am »

thanks guys, i will try your suggestions

watch the birdie...:smt120
XPTL297

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2007, 07:39:07 am »

Thanks Micco for the last addition. I knew that I entered somewhat related to maxNum of Visiting Sims somewhere, but I was not sure. I know that I solved the problem of my empty comm lots but didn't remember how.
I finished changing the Uni EP now and YAs are normal Sims that walks everywhere, visits everywhere and I'm deeply satisfied with the results.
But I forgot to take note of some of my TS attacks. Thank you.
Micco

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2007, 07:41:04 am »

You're welcome Smiley

Woohoo U is now CLOSED.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: