Insimenator.org
April 26, 2024, 02:18:00 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: hi , dose any 1 have a clue on how long Riley is to be pregnant ?  (Read 4910 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
whitefire26

View Profile
« on: March 04, 2007, 04:05:48 pm »

i've been at the stage for a good 2 days now she has gone thour all 3 stages of showing her pregnancy but after 3rd stage of her tummy getting bigger nothing new has happen anymore so i'm wondering when she will have the child ?  i've already gotten the baby's room set up as that is a goal  even thou i for some reason saw there wasn't a high chair other than that all is ready     just wondering how long  thanks   whitefire26
BeosBoxBoy
Silent

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2007, 09:53:27 am »

a Sim pregnancy last about 4 or 5 days depending on how you count the days:

Day 0 - conception
Day 1 - morning sickness
Day 2 - a bit of a tummy
Day 3 - a bigger tummy
Day 4 - delivery

I saw a walk-through guide on 1up that seems to be no longer available, i know that their initial cheat-list was inaccurate, so this may have been an article meant for a different Sims game as the cheats they had posted clearly were.  Check for tips on the official SLS site, occasionally they do tell you useful things there.

A baby doesn't use a high-chair, the toddler life-stage uses the high-chair.  I don't usually do the babies and toddlers in game, so I rarely look at the stuff for them.  I did look in the baby/children supplies after reading your help request and didn't see any high-chairs.  Babies are easy enough - you snag a bottle from the refrigerator and you can hand a bottle to a hungry toddler.

I then looked in the game files for a high-chair with SimPE. I didn't see anything for high-chairs or booster seats, so I am perplexed how you are supposed to feed the little blighters other than feed them smart milk and educate them on potty training, walking, and talking.

"There is a certain elegance in wasting time. Any fool can waste money, but when you waste time you waste what is priceless."
-- Maugham, W. Somerset. Ashenden: Or the British Agent.
whitefire26

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2007, 05:47:39 pm »

hi , thanks fought not seeing a high chair was alittle odd  thanks for that  info  as for why she hasn't givein birth yet  still no clue on that 1  its been more than 4 or 5 sim days  i have checked  on th sl site but all they say is while she's pregnant that Mikey should help her out   i've also been doing that but still nothing eles has happen after her 3rd stage   so i'm still lost on how long    thanks        i do know it can't be any hacks or mods  becouses i'm trying not to use any  due to i want to do the story lines without cheats  so i don't have any in my sl game  the only thing i do have in my game is the 3 items from the sl site as the welcome kit  however i don't know where they are or how to put them on a lot  due to i have looked in the game and there no where to be found  so alittle lost on that      thanks for the help     whitefire26
BeosBoxBoy
Silent

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2007, 09:33:42 pm »

whitefire -

the drum set will be under Hobbies, then under creativity - where you normally find the easel

the karaoke machine will be under Electronics, then under audio - where you usually find the stereos

the stackable lighting block is under Decorative, then under miscellaneous (the three dots)

"There is a certain elegance in wasting time. Any fool can waste money, but when you waste time you waste what is priceless."
whitefire26

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2007, 09:41:10 pm »

hi , ok i finally was able to get her to have her baby   this is what i had to do in case some 1 eles has this problem  in sl  for some strange reason  my sl game folder made 2 more sl folders  but they din't have anything in them so i removed them  and due to i wasn't seeing where the welcome kit items from the sl site was in the game i removed them too   i then went into the game and sold all the baby items from the lot then i saved the game then exited out of the game  i then went back into the game  and had it in buy mode as paused i put baby items back out but in a diff place this time then i went back into live mode and bingo the goal finally worked right then u have to do afew more goals Smiley and finally the baby  Smiley    thanks  for the help  whitefire26
whitefire26

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2007, 09:43:45 pm »

i looked all over in every cat in the game even in the rewards  don't really know why but they weren't there    i really  don't mind  just lost on why they din't show up in my game  Smiley
BeosBoxBoy
Silent

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2007, 10:23:54 pm »

hey whitefire - did you doubleclick them? there is a package installer that installs SimsSLPacks; you can't just place them in the downloads folder like .packages

So check in the My Documents folder for an Electronic Arts folder - then in it a The Sims Life Stories folder, then inside that a Downloads folder? (see attachment) in that folder you should find 3 files with weirdo names, mine are named what they are because I did things a little differently, you should see names like 013861272a801d49a104cd89cd03c2be_0001.package

You also have to enable custom content, then exit the game, run the game again, enable custom content, then enter a story neighbourhood; then you should find the items.

* SLS_Downloads1.gif (34.96 KB, 800x600 - viewed 275 times.)
« Last Edit: March 06, 2007, 10:31:04 am by ~Marvine~ » Logged

whitefire26

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2007, 06:33:37 am »

hi ,  lets see if i can do this in another way to help Smiley      once u go to the my documents u see your Electronic Arts folder that takes u to your sl folder however when i clicked on my Electronic Arts folder i saw 3 sl folders in all however 2 shouldn't have been there the 2 copy folders of the sl folder had nothing in them the main and only sl folder that i should have had did have all the stuff that was to be in it   don't really know why i had 2 copy folders of the sl folder but i for some odd reason did  however after i removed them and removed the welcome kit items from the sl site and went back into the game and sold the baby items then saved then exited the game then went back into the game went into buy mode re put baby items out the goal worked right Smiley   whitefire26
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: