Insimenator.org
April 20, 2024, 12:14:18 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Game won't boot!  (Read 2051 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
SailorZeo

View Profile WWW
« on: March 04, 2007, 12:31:00 am »

Okay, to start off, my husband rebuilt my computer, and it switched the letter of the cd drives.  It was only a week until Seasons came out, so we didn't worry about it.  Backed up the files, and waited.

We figured we'd try installing Seasons, see if that worked out the drive issue.  It didn't, so, we did a full uninstall (even checking the registry), updated drivers, and then started reinstalling.  After getting the base game installed, my husband decided to test it, see if it would load.  Nothing.

What we're getting is the disk error.  We have the correct disk in the correct drive, and when we try to start the game, it tells us to put the disk in the drive and try again.  :-P

I remember having this issue before, but I think all I had to do was update a driver (one that seemed completely unrelated to the cd drive), and we've already updated them.  Any suggestions before I break down and e-mail EA for help?

Zeo
simkitty181

I know I'm crazy, I'm know I'm crazy...I know I am

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2007, 12:37:08 am »

Are you 100% sure that you enter the right disk? like, you might think you put in the Uni. disk in instead of night life or you think your enter disk 1 but you might be entering disk 2.  Sorry if I didn`t help, or your welcome I did help...Not sure. lol
sincerly, Marrisa
SailorZeo

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2007, 12:39:02 am »

We checked; all we'd installed first was the base game, and it was disk one, and I tried both drives, just in case.

Zeo
XPTL297

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2007, 06:50:53 am »

Did you check the disks for scratches, clean stand, etc.? Can you run the disks in another computer?
Micco

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2007, 07:28:45 am »

Try installing your EP's and see if it works off one of those.

Woohoo U is now CLOSED.
veash

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2007, 09:55:05 am »

Almost sounds like it has to do with the two cd drives being switched.  I'm guessing that was caused by getting the two IDE cables mixed up on the CD drives.   (the flat, wide ones that go from the motherboard to the back of the drives)
     You should also make sure you have the latest version of DirectX.  
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/directx/default.mspx
SailorZeo

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2007, 12:30:18 pm »

It doesn't run off the EP disks either; we've checked the disks for scratches, cracks and whatnot; and my husband's been building computers since the 90's, so he's tested and retested all the cables, connections, etc, even slaving one of the drives to the hard drive to test it (whatever that means).  Unfortunately, since his computer died (spurring the rebuild of mine, using the best parts from each), we don't have another computer to test the disks on.

He's also in the middle of refreshing Windows (XP Pro).

Zeo
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: