Insimenator.org
April 26, 2024, 02:35:52 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Graphics jerking/jamming  (Read 5352 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Dese

View Profile
« on: March 05, 2007, 01:19:35 pm »

I've been having this glitch since I installed Seasons. I can play for about 15 minutes before the game jams. The game play still seems to continue (as I can tell from sounds) but on screen it's frozen and jerking, sort of stuck between 1 second of animation, back and forth, and the whole screen jerks back and forth.

I discovered today if I press tab and go into camera mode, move my mouse around then bring it back down to look at the house/sims again, it fixes the jam... briefly. But then it happens again over and over a few seconds apart. I can go into options, save, exit to the neighbourhood and come back and play for awhile, then it jams again.

I am playing with 0 downloads. No hacks, no mods, no nothing. Yesterday I uninstalled all the games and reinstalled them. Still getting the weird glitch.

My graphics card is a Nvidia GeForce 6600 GT. I read about this glitch:

PROBLEM: Torrential rain weather setting causes the screen to flicker.
CARDS: GeForce 6100, 6200, 6200 TurboCache-16 and TurboCache-32, 6600, 6800 GT, 6800 Ultra, 7300 GS-256, 7600 GS, 7800 GTX, PCX 5900
This is a known driver bug. However, updating your driver to the latest version may help.
But my problem has occured when it hasn't been raining. I've attached my errors log, though all the errors seem to be audio related as far as I can see.

I'm feeling as if my only option is to uninstall and go back to Pets unless I want to put up with saving my game and loading back in every few minutes as the error occurs.

* AppErrors.txt (7.7 KB - downloaded 202 times.)

Still a simmer at heart, just too busy with my baby to play!
Dese

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2007, 12:38:24 am »

I updated my drivers and now I have a completely different but just as unplayable glitch. Game goes to the sims blue screen, and then my graphics card crashs and my monitor turns on and off multiple times (like twice in one second) and I have to hit the button on my machine to restart and fix it. I quit!

BeosBoxBoy
Silent

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2007, 10:45:27 am »

Dese - you will need to disable hyperthreading in BIOS it seems

"There is a certain elegance in wasting time. Any fool can waste money, but when you waste time you waste what is priceless."
-- Maugham, W. Somerset. Ashenden: Or the British Agent.
Dese

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2007, 11:15:14 am »

I have no idea what that means. :rofl: Could you tell me how, and why?

BeosBoxBoy
Silent

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2007, 11:49:58 am »

there is a driver conflict with hyperthreading on some video cards (not all)

as for getting to BIOS, you'll have to consult your computer user manual that came with the computer or motherboard if you custom built the system.

usually tapping the delete key or the F1 key or the F2 key will get you into BIOS if you are fast enough sort when the system is first turned on.

how you change the use or non-use of hyperthreading varies widely with different versions of BIOS, so I can't precisely tell you how to do it. Heck, the option may not even be present in all flavours of BIOS.  If you look at BIOS and say wtf? then just hit the ESC key a lot and that should get you out of it with no changes, otherwise ESC failing to do that press the power button and turn off the system without changing anything.  then you have harmed nothing and can call tech support for your computer.

"There is a certain elegance in wasting time. Any fool can waste money, but when you waste time you waste what is priceless."
Dese

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2007, 10:50:22 pm »

Showed my husband what you posted and he looked into it. He says because my machine is AMD (or something like that) there's no hyper-threading. But he also fiddled with some settings to improve performance so I'm going to play some and see how it goes.

Cinamun

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2007, 09:43:38 pm »

Quote from: Dese;612834
I updated my drivers and now I have a completely different but just as unplayable glitch. Game goes to the sims blue screen, and then my graphics card crashs and my monitor turns on and off multiple times (like twice in one second) and I have to hit the button on my machine to restart and fix it. I quit!

This JUST (I swear) happened to me with body shop, I was creating a sim for a contest and got the blue screen of death GRR! I just updated to new drivers also. I got an error in nv4_disp.dll and it completely crashed my computer.

I have Nvidia GeForce 6200 running on Windows XP. I submitted a question to Nvidia's support section.

I just realized BBB posted some info (thank you), but unfortunately I dont know how to navigate to BIOS.. no clue where this old user manual could be.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2007, 09:46:03 pm by Cinamun » Logged

...enjoying the game.
Dese

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2007, 05:24:05 pm »

Just had my game crash with this error message:

Direct3D returned with an error: D3DERR_NOTAVAILABLE! The application will now terminate.

Translations anyone?

BeosBoxBoy
Silent

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2007, 08:29:38 pm »

Dese - you need to install a new driver for your video card - if you have Windows Vista installed - it doesn't have the 3D side of the driver.  If you just re-installed Windows XP, same answer.

Go to the video card manufacturer and download a newer version.

after you do that - grab the DirectX update at Microsoft: http://www.microsoft.com/windows/directx

Dese

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2007, 05:05:51 pm »

I already had updated my graphics drivers. I went to microsoft for the directx update, and now when I try to open my game I get this message.

Failed to find any DirectX 9.0c compatible graphics adapters in this system! Please make sure you have a DirectX 9.0c compatible graphics adapter and have installed the latest drivers provided by the manufacturer. The application will now terminate.

If it's not one thing it's another!

Edit: Got my husband to look at it, and he rolled back my graphics drivers and now the game opens again. Hopefully that doesn't stop too much from working in game now.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2007, 10:55:01 am by Dese » Logged

hopawaay109

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2007, 08:46:23 am »

3D option for video cards helps bunches

"And that's why you never make assumptions...because you make an ass out of you and mumptions." :asshole:

See my retro/music inspired sims 2 creations here :rr:

Looking for Sim contests? Go to Simoasis! :]
Hawk38vs
« Reply #11 on: May 31, 2007, 12:20:46 pm »

hi, soundsl ike you need to set your graphics in the game lower. Go into the graphics icon on the game panel and set reflections off, and lower everything down. we run on medium (ithink..broke the disk for Seasons yesterday! UGH!)
If you lower the visuals to the next lots, remove trees and high graphics items it will stop jerking. Too bad because the thrill of the whole mess is to see all the cool stuff accelerated. I think the game is graphicly higher than the average PC user can either up grade to or runs. Good Luck.
trl

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: May 31, 2007, 02:02:44 pm »

Wow, this very thing happened to me about a month ago but with Pets and the neighborhood screen. I thought my neighborhood had become corrupt so I ditched it (Ipulled the folder out and put it on my desk top). I was using an NVidea GEForce 7300GT with 512mb which was rather new. i ditched that to and put my Radeon card back on and system restored to a week prior to this issue. I am not having this problem currently but my neighborhood only has 2 contests houses in it and nothing else yet. Hmmm...

Dirux16
« Reply #13 on: April 05, 2008, 03:43:59 am »

I HAVE A PROBLEM PLEASE READ THIS AND HELP ME ASAP. PLEASE AND THANKS
Ever sense i installed sims 2 seasons my sims are all pixelated, LIke example the make up is all blurry and everythhing is blurry, i also download new hair for my sims and accessories, so idk if its the download or the game...i think its the game.I need help Sad pls and thanks.
contact me: flippin_sweet1@yahoo.com

Mihura

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 05, 2008, 10:05:24 am »

Blurry Sims ? Did your system match Seasons requirements ? If it's since Seasons installation it's possible that it's related. :roll:
Try maybe to update your graphic card drivers. Wink
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: