Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 03:49:14 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Reinstall? But I just installed it! Dx  (Read 2187 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Nita-Chan

View Profile
« on: March 05, 2007, 04:53:54 pm »

Here's what happened:  I installed it yesterday, did everything like I was supposed to, yeah, but I didn't remove any hacks, which I think could be the problem, but it'll take too long to try that. D:  Anyway, I installed Seasons yesterday, was soopar excited so I started playing.  I installed it, but then it wouldn't come up, like, at all.  It said "please wait..."  The splash screen, I guess that's what people call it, came up, then went away.  So I'm like, "WTH? Dx"  And I tried to run it again. So it did, and I was happy, and I played it.  I got home today because I'm using The Sims 2 in my project, tried to load up The Sims, and it brought up the installation screen.

I don't think I let The Sims 2 install totally, but it worked yesterday.  What could be wrong today?  I didn't download anything new since yesterday!  The only thing I DID download today isn't even in my downloads folder yet, mainly because I don't have Seasons installed yet, apparantly.  Is this happening to anyone, or just to me? :help:

Also, it went really fast when it installed yesterday, and now it's stuck at 8%.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2007, 04:56:07 pm by Nita-Chan » Logged
simskin

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2007, 07:00:08 am »

Does your system matches the System Requirements?

~ LOST- LOST Visit my story ,,LOST'' on the Insimadult site LOST-LOST~
A story about adventures,betrayal and s*x.
Ali
Short, fat n Cuddly!
Admin

I got a luverly bunch of c.... oops, wrong site!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2007, 07:45:47 am »

if you didn't remove any hacks and you think that could be the problem then surely if you just reinstall without taking out any of your hacks you'll most likely get the same result??

I know it might be long and tedious but you really ARE better taking out ALL your hacks and mods and trying the game. In fact, just take out all your CC and try it. It's the only way. If you don't rule out something that you're already thinking might be a problem you'll never know for sure

"They're a rum lot, the Yorkshire folk. You can't fool them, you certainly can't get away with much and they call a spade a spade. Or rather, they call a spade 'a bloody shovel'" Mark Addy
Nita-Chan

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2007, 06:59:51 pm »

Quote from: simskin;617232
Does your system matches the System Requirements?

It does. :3
I think.  How much space do you need freed up before you install the game?
Nita-Chan

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2007, 07:00:31 pm »

Quote from: Aliwag;617252
if you didn't remove any hacks and you think that could be the problem then surely if you just reinstall without taking out any of your hacks you'll most likely get the same result??

I know it might be long and tedious but you really ARE better taking out ALL your hacks and mods and trying the game. In fact, just take out all your CC and try it. It's the only way. If you don't rule out something that you're already thinking might be a problem you'll never know for sure

I've already ruled that out; I tried it on my brother's username, which is free of all CC.  I'm thinking that I need more space, so I'm going to try looking for stuff I can delete without missing too much. >>;;
Nita-Chan

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2007, 11:42:41 am »

PS

It stops at TSdata\Res\Sound\Misc.package.  I think that might help a little bit.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: