Insimenator.org
April 25, 2024, 02:39:45 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Clothing less detailed?  (Read 1918 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
SailorZeo

View Profile WWW
« on: March 08, 2007, 02:21:32 pm »

Somewhere along the way, I've noticed that the clothing in my game has become more fuzzy.  For example, a Sim who was wearing a green flowered dress now just has a green dress (with hints of maybe possibly there were flowers at one time).  I've noticed this on both Maxis and custom clothing; the video settings are maxed, and my video card hasn't changed since the last time I played.

Any thoughts?  I _do_ plan to update my video card in the near future, but "near" is more like "several months" than "this weekend."

Zeo
professional.loser

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2007, 11:12:59 pm »

My old card had been doing this for almost a year, and the only way I found to fix it was to buy a new one, sorry.
BeosBoxBoy
Silent

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2007, 01:29:45 am »

SailorZeo - there is a setting in the video card recognition files in the game that is forcing low resolution textures.  I know that some people say it is safe to alter that file, but I am not so sure, I have burned up more than one video card in 20 years of computer use, so if you feel brave - take a look at these links:

http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=43273

http://www.modthesims2.com/article.php?t=147242

"There is a certain elegance in wasting time. Any fool can waste money, but when you waste time you waste what is priceless."
-- Maugham, W. Somerset. Ashenden: Or the British Agent.
MisNomer

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2007, 05:56:07 am »

This has nothing to do with the graphics options in the game?  I noticed this issue with the installation of Seasons, and fixed much of it by going through the graphics options menu.  I had thought maybe it reset itself somehow with the new expansion.  So...I need a new card?
BeosBoxBoy
Silent

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2007, 12:02:52 pm »

VerDeTerre - each ep comes with a different list of specifications for video drivers, video cards, and system resources.  Your system is checked against the specifications set by Electronic Arts and if it passes muster, then you get a lottery ticket to get high resolution graphics.  Then it checks the video card's driver, if it passes muster, then you get a lottery ticket to get high resolution graphics.  Then it checks the video card's video memory, if it passes muster, then you get a lottery ticket to get high resolution graphics.   Then it checks the video card's chip-set model number, if it passes muster, then you get high resolution graphics.

If it does pass some but not pass all four, you get a lower resolution; if it does not pass all four, you may not even be able to play the game.

"There is a certain elegance in wasting time. Any fool can waste money, but when you waste time you waste what is priceless."
-- Maugham, W. Somerset. Ashenden: Or the British Agent.
MisNomer

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2007, 04:09:04 pm »

Thank you for explaining that.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: