Insimenator.org
April 18, 2024, 07:34:41 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Question for Beosboxboy  (Read 1927 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
baileybop
Squinge Is My Mastah

View Profile
« on: March 05, 2007, 06:01:52 pm »

I have Season's, but I haven't installed it yet. I read your info about Season's but I'm a bit confused. I'm really sorry to be such a bother, but my video card is-HIS X1600Pro 256mb ICEQ AGP8x, and I purchased an additional 1GB of ram. I have 120GB Sata 7200rpm hard drive, with an additional 80 gig hard drive for storage for my downloads (By storage I mean the zip and rar files I download).
Is this good enough, or should I get something better? Somewhere else there was a test you could run to see if your system could handle Season', and I need to upgrade my video card driver, and my sound card driver, (which I will get my computer technicians to do, as I just don't know what is what) Without Season's installed my game runs beautifully, and if possible I would like it to run just as well when I am ready to install Season's.
I realize you are very busy and lots of people have lots of questions for you, but you always give such comprehensive explanations that I didn't know who else to ask.
Thank you very much.  Smiley
ps---I forgot, I'm planning on buying another gig of ram at the end of the month.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2007, 06:45:21 pm by baileybop » Logged

I stalk...... oh no, I mean I worship the Hack_Mastah, Squinge :worship:
BeosBoxBoy
Silent

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2007, 09:47:16 pm »

baileybop:

The HIS (ATI) Radeon X1600 Pro IceQ AGP

Radeon X1600 Pro is a mid-range chip from ATI Radeon X1000 series, supporting Shader 3.0 (DirectX 9.0c) programming model. Its official specs include a 500 MHz clock rate, a 780 MHz memory clock rate, a 128-bit memory interface and 12 pixel shader units.

This is just about the best priced ATI card for the ballance of performance and value you can get right now. It is on the same level as the slightly cheaper nVidia GeForce 6800 AGP.  Both good sturdy work-horse chipsets.

The X1600 chip-set is one of the ATI cards listed with no problems under Windows XP and Windows Vista for Seasons, so I would say stick with this card until Christmas 2007, maybe even longer Smiley

Adding a gig more RAM is a definite boost also, just remember to drop the pagefile size to 1024 MB minimum and maximum when you upgrade the memory.  Some might say a smaller size would be fine, but with all the things in The Sims 2, 1024 is as small as I would recommend.  When you get the new RAM, post a help request on pagefiles in the general help section and I will post the instructions.

* imageview.jpg (133.73 KB, 800x600 - viewed 295 times.)

"There is a certain elegance in wasting time. Any fool can waste money, but when you waste time you waste what is priceless."
-- Maugham, W. Somerset. Ashenden: Or the British Agent.
baileybop
Squinge Is My Mastah

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2007, 10:08:42 pm »

Thank you so much. You really are awesome! Smiley
So for Christmas, what video card should I beg my husband for? And I do mean "beg", he thinks my obsession with this game is overboard. LOL

I stalk...... oh no, I mean I worship the Hack_Mastah, Squinge :worship:
BeosBoxBoy
Silent

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2007, 10:17:59 pm »

hehe let's see what they roll out this Summer and make a wish list :lol:

"There is a certain elegance in wasting time. Any fool can waste money, but when you waste time you waste what is priceless."
-- Maugham, W. Somerset. Ashenden: Or the British Agent.
Innocent

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2007, 02:46:24 am »

Quote from: beosboxboy;612634
hehe let's see what they roll out this Summer and make a wish list :lol:

Oi that is why I decided to wait for my new graphics card. Cheesy

I ate a babeh.
I log in once a year and I don't remember putting THAT ^ as my signature.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: