Insimenator.org
April 18, 2024, 08:35:08 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: CLOSED: Can't use Insim in Seasons. PLEASE UPDATE TO VER 2.6  (Read 5984 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
deejaye79

View Profile
« on: March 05, 2007, 07:11:53 pm »

Ok.
I tried ALL the downloads I had for the Insimenator.

2.3b- Dest, Obj, Sim- The Obj worked but not all of the features. I couldn't I just forgot the word (Where you can beam other sims to your house thing), Can't use the skills bear and the Career computer thing, health adjuster...
Those are my most useful ones! From what I can tell, everything else works ok.

Then found.. 2.4b- Dest, Obj, Sim- The Obj didn't work at all!! The Dest and the Sim had the same uses as above.

Any advice?? I LOVE the Insimenator. It made my Simming so much easier. The 2.4 is cooler than the 2.3. Guess the 2.5 isn't out yet because I see topics, but no downloads.

Also, I created a pond. I saw one fish (The Insim didn't make them disappear like someone else said) I can fish, but once I catch 2. I don't get anymore. How come? It wasn't winter. And they weren't always around before I even
started fishing.
billyd1000

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2007, 07:14:18 pm »

Advice: Take insim out and wait for the update.

Burn the midnight oil, it will be daylight soon....
kim

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2007, 07:16:04 pm »

2.5 is out and has been for awhile. It's the pets compatible version of Insim
http://www.insimenator.org/showthread.php?t=269.

billyd1000

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2007, 07:21:13 pm »

Quote from: kim;612412
2.5 is out and has been for awhile. It's the pets compatible version of Insim
http://www.insimenator.org/showthread.php?t=269.

Kim, it looks like the poster is looking for insim for seasons. I do not think it's up yet.

deejaye79

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2007, 07:32:48 pm »

Thanks! Geeze, I kept rolling by 2.5. I'll try that for now.
yinesae
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2007, 11:05:30 pm »

I use 2.5 and all works fine with seasons Good luck and have fun
Innocent

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2007, 02:45:23 am »

Quote from: mowshelle;612843
All my custom content is gone, now that I installed seasons :[ what do i do???

Once you get in game enable custom content and then quit and restart your game. If you still don't see custom content then maybe somehow you lost it and will need to start over. Good luck. Smiley

I ate a babeh.
I log in once a year and I don't remember putting THAT ^ as my signature.
deejaye79

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2007, 08:50:24 am »

I tried 2.5 last night and it worked! (For V2.5 Dest) YAY!!!! Tongue

Still can't get a response on why I can't see all my fish in the pond at all time.
BeosBoxBoy
Silent

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2007, 10:38:10 am »

the fish are "shaders" this requires that you increase your game video settings to max, if there are still no fish then try using the boolprop useshaders true cheat in the neighbourhood screen and enter a lot where you expect to see fish, if this works, then edit the user startup cheat file:

C:\Documents and Settings\*Your Windows Log-in Name*\My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Config\userStartup.cheat

-or-

C:\My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Config\userStartup.cheat

use note pad to open it, and add boolprop useshaders true on a new line and save the file

This may solve the problem of having to manually change it after each run of the game.

alternately - if your install of the game does not have this file in the save game folder (My Documents), edit the one located at:

C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\The Sims 2 Seasons\TSData\Res\Config

DO NOT EDIT THE USERPROPS.XML!  In most instances this will result in the game overwriting the neighbourhoods and cameras with the "never played" versions!

* usercheats.gif (30.99 KB, 802x572 - viewed 517 times.)
« Last Edit: March 06, 2007, 03:30:52 pm by ~Marvine~ » Logged

"There is a certain elegance in wasting time. Any fool can waste money, but when you waste time you waste what is priceless."
-- Maugham, W. Somerset. Ashenden: Or the British Agent.
Creepies

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2007, 01:41:43 pm »

i put boolprop useshaders true on a line in the userprops file
and when i start my game in the roverblossom town.. some of my families disapeared. i dont know what to do now because i cant find boolprop useshaders true anymore in the userprops file. can someone help me!?!??!?!
billyd1000

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2007, 05:37:16 pm »

Quote from: Creepies;613704
i put boolprop useshaders true on a line in the userprops file
and when i start my game in the roverblossom town.. some of my families disapeared. i dont know what to do now because i cant find boolprop useshaders true anymore in the userprops file. can someone help me!?!??!?!

This is the third forum I have seen this in. I understand you need help, but you all so need to be patient. Read the post above this. Think about what it says and what the alternatives you have are.
Good luck! Smiley

deejaye79

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 09, 2007, 09:16:18 pm »

It's definitely the 2.5 version that's not allowing me to do a lot of things. I can't build snowmen, snow angels, no fishing, catching butterflies or fireflies. I hope they make an update soon!!!
cb2005

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 10, 2007, 04:06:13 am »

Quote from: deejaye79;619367
It's definitely the 2.5 version that's not allowing me to do a lot of things. I can't build snowmen, snow angels, no fishing, catching butterflies or fireflies. I hope they make an update soon!!!

Glad someone's having the same problems as me (sorry lol) i got the 2.5 version the other night and thought it had solved all my problems experienced with 2.4 but like you I can't build snowmen or snow angels. I can fish but not tried catching butterflies or fireflies as I'm still in winter. Dont understand why 2.5 seems to work fine for some people and not for others. Looks like we'll just have to be patient and wait for a newer verson :lol:
BeosBoxBoy
Silent

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: March 10, 2007, 12:00:59 pm »

these errors and conflicts are to be expected. The game code has changed significantly and EA isn't exactly forthcoming with details of the changes.  In the past they rushed things out to market and included some information in the objects.package totally by mistake that made updating mods easier; they did not do do this time, so it will be a bit slower to hammer out the changes.

"There is a certain elegance in wasting time. Any fool can waste money, but when you waste time you waste what is priceless."
-- Maugham, W. Somerset. Ashenden: Or the British Agent.
deejaye79

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 10, 2007, 08:06:01 pm »

Quote from: beosboxboy;620232
these errors and conflicts are to be expected. The game code has changed significantly and EA isn't exactly forthcoming with details of the changes.  In the past they rushed things out to market and included some information in the objects.package totally by mistake that made updating mods easier; they did not do do this time, so it will be a bit slower to hammer out the changes.

Well.. Atleast you know we're looking forward to the update with Seasons though!! Smiley
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: