Insimenator.org
April 25, 2024, 02:28:38 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Adjusting Family Ties w/o InSim  (Read 1784 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
babyblue1387

View Profile
« on: March 05, 2007, 09:30:42 pm »

Since the insimenator isn't updated, I was just wondering if there was any way to adjust family ties? I looked through the testingCheats thing and couldn't find anything. The tombstone of Life and Death lets you see who your family is, but I was looking more for something that will let you set certain people as your sister, mother, brother, child, father, etc. You never really realize how hard things are without the InSimenator. InSim, I love you!
Micco

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2007, 12:39:36 pm »

SimPe would be about the only other way and to do so is quite a complicated process if you have a large family. Good luck.

Woohoo U is now CLOSED.
babyblue1387

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2007, 09:45:36 pm »

Have you used SimPE with seasons? I haven't tried it, but I want to make sure it works before I go and start fiddling with stuff. That was actually my second thought, but...eh, didn't want to risk loosing my sims.
BeosBoxBoy
Silent

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2007, 08:46:43 pm »

I think the thing you are asking falls into the "living dangerous and fast like a heroine-addicted rock star drinking pure-grain alcohol in bed while smoking" level of reckless and dangerous.  SimPE is NOT updated for Seasons and probably (since it is a more complex mechanism than InSIM) may be more or less slower to be updated.

In fact I prefer they not be rushed in the development of these things, but there is enormous pressure on Eric and Quaxi both due to "Gamer Terrorism" - the sort of "are we there yet" every 5 seconds from the fan-base.  I am not even coding these things and I really have thought about recommending that we close every Sims 2 site from the day an EP is released until there are updated mods and tools.... but then again, I like being able to sleep at night without the fear of a mob of angry simmers waking me in the night and treating me to an impromptu rope swing in the backgarden. >_<

"There is a certain elegance in wasting time. Any fool can waste money, but when you waste time you waste what is priceless."
-- Maugham, W. Somerset. Ashenden: Or the British Agent.
babyblue1387

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2007, 10:15:33 pm »

Yeah, I kind of figured as much. And believe me, I'd MUCH rather wait than fudge up my game. It's not like my sims are going to just DIE if I don't create an extended family for them. Oh well. Off to play with another family then.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: