Insimenator.org
March 29, 2024, 02:42:30 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Installations cd´s blank  (Read 1473 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
atlante

View Profile
« on: March 06, 2007, 09:24:33 pm »

Hi all,
Here I am with a new hard drive installed on my PC and after my long time away from the site I wanna come back and ... to get horrified, my installations cd´s are blank, all of them, alll the extensions unless the pets one, should be by the wet tropical weather here where I am in Brazil, how can I can get the contains back to make the installation, there is somewhere to download them from?Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh???
please help

Atlante
Marcelo

...TO ALL LONELY CREATURES OF THE UNIVERSE, WELCOME TO
IN-SIMS & NABOO & AQUA
Squinge
Spamming Dork
Admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2007, 09:38:09 pm »

It sounds like it may be a problem with your cd drive, have you tried the disc's in a different PC?

If you have a question about my mods post it here
BeosBoxBoy
Silent

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2007, 09:04:59 pm »

Marcelo *hug* this is the joy of moving half-way around the world Sad

Probably what is the problem is that the DVD-player in your current computer is set to the Brazillian standard (DVD region code 4 "códigos de región") - and your installation discs are manufactured in the European standard (DVD region code 2).

Maybe the information at this link will help:

The region codes are:
  • U.S. and Canada
  • Europe and Japan
  • South East Asia
  • Latin America and Australia
  • Russia, rest of Asia and Africa
  • China
  • Undefined
  • Special venues such as airplanes

it is for a different sort of Windows, but the instructions are similar:

To change region settings for DVD drives:
  • Click Start, click Control Panel, double-click System, and then click Device Manager.
  • Double-click DVD/CD-ROM drives, right-click the DVD drive for which you want to change region settings, and then click Properties.
  • On the DVD Region tab, make the changes.
  • The DVD Region tab might not be available for all DVD drives.

To configure your DVD drive to play DVDs from other regions, select a geographic area from the list of regions. Typically, you would select the region in which you reside.

You can only change the region settings a limited number of times. When the number of changes remaining is 1 and you select a new region, you receive a warning message that after you make this change, you will only be able to play DVDs from that region. Note that you might not be able to change the region setting for some DVD hardware and software decoders.
[/LIST]

You can only change the region code a limited number of times.  You will maybe be better served by having a second DVD-reader set permanently to Region 2 (Europe).

If you can locate copies of the installation software on the Internet, this won't help you a great deal since the game won't be able to read your installation media any better than your computer.  Maybe contact EA and see if they have a replacement programme for your media since you changed countries, but as much as that will cost from what I see, it will be the same as buying all new.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2007, 09:09:04 pm by ~Marvine~ » Logged

"There is a certain elegance in wasting time. Any fool can waste money, but when you waste time you waste what is priceless."
-- Maugham, W. Somerset. Ashenden: Or the British Agent.
atlante

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2007, 11:42:33 pm »

Thanks Beos,

I´m trying to see if that´s the problem but now I hace a HD from Brazil in a spanisn computer, then let´s see if that works properly. Thanks a lot Yasha you are always helpful.

Marcelo

...TO ALL LONELY CREATURES OF THE UNIVERSE, WELCOME TO
IN-SIMS & NABOO & AQUA
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: