Insimenator.org
April 29, 2024, 08:41:42 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How do I delete those darn roofs that are built on a slant with floor tiles!!!!!!!  (Read 1264 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
GroovyGran

View Profile
« on: March 07, 2007, 11:23:04 am »

aaarrrggghhhh, this is driving me nuts!
I have downloaded a few lot's and installed them, but a few of them I would like to alter a bit, but they have those dreaded roofs that are slanted and I don't know how to build them, so don't know how to get rid of them either, grrrr I have tried all sorts of ways, but can't manage it.
Can anyone please help?:salute:
MissDoh

Back for more!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2007, 02:33:07 pm »

While you see the top of the roof, simply go in the build mode floor section and remove the roof tiles as if it they would be regular floor tiles.

You should be able to build a normal roof after you remove those floor tiles.
BeosBoxBoy
Silent

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2007, 08:53:13 pm »

GroovyGran - first you will have to "flatten" the floor again by using the level cheat: boolprop constrainFloorElevation false

then lots of clicky-clicky-clicky later when you had one square flat start using the terrain leveller tool to mash those bad boys flat, then it is as easy as using the flooring tool to delete all of the flooring tiles, then use the walling tool to delete the stubby walls.  And you are done.

just remember to turn the level cheat off: boolprop constrainFloorElevation true

"There is a certain elegance in wasting time. Any fool can waste money, but when you waste time you waste what is priceless."
-- Maugham, W. Somerset. Ashenden: Or the British Agent.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: