Insimenator.org
April 29, 2024, 01:11:06 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: CAS Collections  (Read 1903 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
nbny

View Profile
« on: March 07, 2007, 06:54:53 pm »

Okay, maybe this is a crazy question, maybe not. For some reason I can create a collection in CAS, but I can't add any clothes to it. Do I need to delete my thumbnails?? I'm currently running OFB if that helps any.  I appreciate any help given.
BeosBoxBoy
Silent

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2007, 08:34:26 pm »

when you create a collection folder, it is a bit tricky to add things to them.

For reasons known only to Maxis/EA the collections process is about the most complicated ordeal one can conceive.

They use an entirely different process for walls & floors than is used for objects, and neither is the same with clothing.

Count yourself fortunate the very act of creating your collections didn't crash your game, it does for many.

But it will be easier outside the game than inside, obviously.  It should be as simple as clicking the trash-barrel with an arrow, for many people this too doesn't work.

so look in the MyDocuments stuff for the "Collections" folder in that you will see the collections you made, if they are not named as you expect them to be named, just leave them alone, they aren't killing anyone by being there.

"There is a certain elegance in wasting time. Any fool can waste money, but when you waste time you waste what is priceless."
-- Maugham, W. Somerset. Ashenden: Or the British Agent.
nbny

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2007, 10:26:10 pm »

Ok, that makes sense.  Now how do I create a clothing collection outside the game?  Through Bodyshop??
BeosBoxBoy
Silent

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2007, 02:33:55 pm »

unfortunately at this time there is no way to create a clothing collection outside the game

"There is a certain elegance in wasting time. Any fool can waste money, but when you waste time you waste what is priceless."
-- Maugham, W. Somerset. Ashenden: Or the British Agent.
nbny

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2007, 04:13:42 pm »

Ouch.  That's a bummer.  Oh well, will have to suck it up and deal with not being able to create collections.  Thanks beosboxboy!
bsett

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2007, 01:09:53 pm »

Are the same limitations true for Skintones as well?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: