Insimenator.org
April 20, 2024, 04:26:34 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Too Many Clothes?  (Read 2008 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Belongstoasailor

View Profile WWW
« on: March 08, 2007, 04:13:52 am »

I got clothes happy today and downloaded bunch.  

I already have a huge download folder ...

Anyhow, I also have that Home Shopping PC hack where you can buy clothes from your house?  Well, I just started my game, entered a lot and tried to purchase clothes from the computer and my game crashed --- twice! Sad

So now I'm wondering if I just have too much?  My game plays fine unless I try and buy clothes through the computer.

Is there such thing as too many clothes?

* Britt *
Proud USN Wife

:love6:
bungee_rope

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2007, 04:16:06 am »

It's probably something you downloaded causing your game to crash.. I have a lot of clothes and the only downside is it takes a while to load, but my game's never crashed unless I downloaded something that conflicted in some way.

"What if the wife bashes him over the head with a frying pan and then chops him up into hundreds of tiny pieces with her shiny new carving knife?"
"No! It's a family show!"
"Okay, then what if she does it to the whole family?"--RADIOLAND MURDERS
Belongstoasailor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2007, 04:23:54 am »

I haven't downloaded any new mods or hacks. Sad

Just all the clothes! LOL

* Britt *
Proud USN Wife

veash

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2007, 06:25:48 am »

You may have downloaded some bad clothing files or meshes.  Clothes made with unpatched Pets Body Shop will wreak havoc on Sims 2 installations without the Pets EP.  The release of the Seasons EP also introduces outerwear, which may cause problems on a non-Seasons installation.  Sometimes files get corrupted  in the download/installation process and make TS2 act up.
     You should try running the Sims 2 Clean Pack Installer, when it's finished, have it sort your downloads by date.  Scroll through the list and disable your most recent downloads, then go in the game and try it out.  If that clears up the problem, you can then go back and enable items a few at time until you find the culprit.
      I don't know what EP's you have, but bugged Pets made clothing on a non Pets version will usually show up in CAS.  They'll have nude mannequins for thumbnails instead of the actual item, they'll show up in the hair section, and in the tops/bottoms section.  
     That should give you a good starting point to finding the problem, if all else fails, try running the Sims 2 Hack Detection Utility.  As far as it being too many clothes, in theory, there is no known limit but the more custom content you add, the slower your game load and run.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2007, 06:29:41 am by veash » Logged
Belongstoasailor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2007, 08:33:39 am »

Thanks for the response!

I tried purchasing clothes through a community lot and it crashed again.

I'll just go through and delete the ones I added tonight.  Everything I downloaded was from ASimsCatWalk... Sad

* Britt *
Proud USN Wife

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: