Insimenator.org
May 01, 2024, 05:23:02 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Odd Custom Content Problem  (Read 1777 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Anva

View Profile
« on: March 11, 2007, 04:01:44 pm »

Oookay, yesterday I downloaded a few things, installed them, everything was working fine. Today I start up the bodyshop to notice.. nothing is working. Custom content is enabled within the game, and I have every expansion besides seasons, I have all the proper meshes, and I only have a camera hack, and hula dance and more mod, so I have no idea why stuff keeps disappearing. I looked in my downloads folder, and it's gone from being a hefty 5gb, to 314mb. I do a search for a file i know for sure I had, but it's not there

I haven't moved anything, and when I re-download that file, and put it in the downloads folder it overwrites the old one.. but if it's there, why can't I see it?! None of the files were checked as hidden... I've included a screen shot to show what I mean:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v295/AnvaSera/gah.jpg

Sorry if there's an existing thread about this topic, I did a search and no one seemed to have my exact problem... Or I was too frustrated over the whole thing, and overlooked it. This is the third time this has happened in under a month, and I'd greatly dislike having to re download 5gb of content yet again. Sad
Micco

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2007, 11:10:37 am »

Search your computer for folders named Downloads and failing that, ask it to find files with the extension "package". Hopefully you will find them somewhere other than in your My Documents/EA Games/The Sims 2 Downloads folder or in the Program Files/EA Games/ folders. It sounds like something got moved (unless your hard drive is eating itself.)

Woohoo U is now CLOSED.
Anva

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2007, 05:21:35 pm »

My husband messed up the computer last night, and I had to restore it back to it's orriginal state, so I've lost more than a few downloads thanks to him lol.

It was odd... Searches found nothing. I tried deleting the folder and it gave me an error saying someting about the directory not being empty...

Thank you so much for responding though. Smiley
Micco

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2007, 06:21:06 pm »

If you restored it back to its original state than you only have what you had at its original state. Guess he's not getting any tonight Wink

Woohoo U is now CLOSED.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: