Insimenator.org
April 26, 2024, 04:01:39 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: New to Sims2  (Read 2759 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Momsthumper
« on: July 18, 2005, 01:59:20 pm »

As a senior I wanted to get a hobby so, I bought Sims2, downloaded it then went to some Sims sites to download some cool stuff, well, now I have a problem, in my Sims2 folder I do not have a downloads folder so, I don't know where to put my new stuff so it will show up in the game. I would appreciate any help you can give me. As you can tell I am very new at this game thing.
Thanks, momsthumper
kathy
TRAITOR

Rotten traitor

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2005, 02:23:53 pm »

Ok just go into mydocuments/ea games/ sims 2 and make a folder called downloads. Place all your stuff in that folder and load the game.
gypsylady

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2005, 02:25:26 pm »

You just make a downloads folder in your my documents/EA/Sims2 folder or you can run body shop first and it will put one in the folder :lol:

Wouldn\'t it be nice if whenever we messed up our life we could simply press \'Ctrl Alt Delete\' and start all over
Eric
BANNED

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2005, 02:26:52 pm »

Hi momsthumper,

You can create a Downloads folder either by loading up the Sims2 body shop or you can rightclick inside the Sims2 folder and select "New.../Folder" and rename it to Downloads.

Hope this helps
Eric

EDIT: gypsy beat me to it lol

EDIT: oops gypsy AND kathy beat me to it ...rats
Sleepycat

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2005, 03:35:40 pm »

*giggles*

I believe that running The Sims 2 Bodyshop will cause the program to create the "Downloads" folder for you

Crazy Town - home of my Sim stories & SC4 Terrains, Sims, hairy Skintones and some clothes & stuff.
Simbology
MISS JESSY

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2007, 11:29:03 am »

I AM POSTING THIS WHERE EVER I CAN SO THAT I CAN FIND SOME ONE TO HELP ME. I FOUND COOL STUFF TO DOWNLODE BUT I NEED A STEP BY STEP ON WHAT TO CLICK ON AND HOW TO UN ZIP THE FILES. SOME ONE PLEASE HELP ME.
trl

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2007, 10:25:49 am »

Hi Miss Jessie, first of all you will need a program to open the files, such as WINRAR which you can find here . Then you will need to put the file into your downloads folder using winrar. See this post by me click here, there are pictures to make it real easy. See these threads by Beosboxboy here as well as this one here   to get you started understanding all this. Remember you must also enable custom content for it to show in your game then exit the game and enter again. I hope this helps and enjoy simming, it is addictive!!
Also please don't use all caps when posting, the forum interprets this as shouting. Wink
« Last Edit: April 18, 2007, 10:28:25 am by trl » Logged

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: