Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 06:09:43 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  
Author Topic: Sims freezing to death in CAS  (Read 15752 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
BeosBoxBoy
Silent

View Profile WWW
« on: March 12, 2007, 02:14:45 pm »

SO far Numernor, Marvine, & I have experienced sims freezing to death in CAS.  This has resulting in the game crashing to the desktop.  It has occurred in both unedited and edited CAS'es.  Whether the CAS was edited in Seasons or not seems to make no difference from what I have seen so far.

If anyone else has experienced this please post it in this thread so we can see if a pattern evoloves.

Updated:  other seasonal effects noted - death by heatstroke or something very similar & death by lightning strike amid torrential rain.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2007, 04:53:38 pm by ~Marvine~ » Logged

"There is a certain elegance in wasting time. Any fool can waste money, but when you waste time you waste what is priceless."
-- Maugham, W. Somerset. Ashenden: Or the British Agent.
spookymuffin

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2007, 02:34:34 pm »

Quote from: beosboxboy;623868
SO far Numernor, Marvine, & I have experienced sims freezing to death in CAS.  This has resulting in the game crashing to the desktop.  It has occurred in both unedited and edited CAS'es.  Whether the CAS was edited in Seasons or not seems to make no difference from what I have seen so far.

If anyone else has experienced this please post it in this thread so we can see if a pattern evoloves.

I have had this problem too, but only with CAS that I made with Seasons installed, just as I got random pets showing up in CAS when I made one with Pets installed.
I havnt had any problems with any CAS made pre-pets or pre-seasons though.

This is what happens with the Pets bug:

* snapshot_b2d26cdd_f2d26cde.jpg (65.85 KB, 600x450 - viewed 689 times.)
« Last Edit: March 12, 2007, 02:42:21 pm by spookymuffin » Logged

"Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge: it is those who know little, and not those who know much, who so positively assert that this or that problem will never be solved by science." - Charles Darwin.
[/COLOR]
BeosBoxBoy
Silent

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2007, 04:41:31 pm »

ye very Ephors of Sparta!  That is a ghastly bug!

"There is a certain elegance in wasting time. Any fool can waste money, but when you waste time you waste what is priceless."
-- Maugham, W. Somerset. Ashenden: Or the British Agent.
Miss-BD

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2007, 04:47:07 pm »

Just thought I'd post saying that I haven't *touch wood* had that experience; I don't have a custom CAS; and all of my installed hacks have been updated for seasons. I have all games installed; pets wasn't patched and I have the happy holiday stuff pack.
Don't know if this will help or not.

It's not denial. I'm just selective about the reality I accept.
DecoraChroi
Frigid Witch
Super Mod

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2007, 04:54:26 pm »

Not that I had anything like spooky's :oogle: but, when I tried to create my own CAS, it also crashed to the desktop or no changes occured to the Custom Cas.

"The power to question is the basis of all human progress."
spookymuffin

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2007, 04:30:07 am »

Quote from: beosboxboy;624067
ye very Ephors of Sparta!  That is a ghastly bug!

makes for a good laugh though :-P

"Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge: it is those who know little, and not those who know much, who so positively assert that this or that problem will never be solved by science." - Charles Darwin.
[/COLOR]
CynaraBlade

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2007, 06:55:45 am »

Yes, I've experienced the freezing sims in CAS bug myself, both in edited and unedited CAS screens. Every time I see a sim turning blue in the screen I make a point of cancelling the sim creation before something untoward happens. Now that I know about the game crashing to the desktop if a sim actually does freeze to death in CAS, I guess I can say it's a wise move on my part. Wink

:blob6:
verenaheu

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2007, 08:48:58 am »

I´ve asked for help about this problem in a thread under Seasons problems or help, I´m not sure. It seems to me, maybe EA must provide a patch for this freezing.
My Sims don`t go to the floor, but they turn blue, in the neighbors bin they are blue, but in the house they are normal. But i would also like them to be their healthy colour in the bin, no?
I have also some hacks and mods, but all else is working fine.(till now...)
In the standard CAS it does not happen, only in my self-made ones.
ladyfaenya

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2007, 12:29:45 pm »

Yesterday I made a custom cas, and one of my sims was constantly freezing(not blue but just did the freeze animation and fell to the floor over and over).

No crash to desktop though. Cant say Ive ever had a crash in sims2. I exited that sim in cas(X'ed her out) and just chose another premade one I was going to putin game(just to take pics). THat one wasnt freezing when she entered CAS. So far just that one incident. I had put the 1st sim in my game via cas premade on the 2nd try and no freezing or anything.. *shrugs*
« Last Edit: March 14, 2007, 12:32:31 pm by ladyfaenya » Logged

Mirin in ANTM :: Winner ::[/color]
Naquadria in ANTM2 :: 3rd ::[/color]

Our destinies have been intertwined, they never met.
-James Norrington
lewisb40
Sims 3? Yeah, I like it.

Hard Poop!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2007, 03:49:22 am »

*Fell to the floor laughing*  My poor simmies would die in my CAS, because I would be laughing soooo hard.   Spooky, that pic is hilarious!

Michael J. Jackson - Best Entertainer in the World! 1958-2009  Sleep in Peace, Dear Prince.
howster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2007, 04:17:49 pm »

i removed and reinstalled everything and seems to be working fine now
taerie

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 18, 2007, 11:44:04 am »

Like Spooky, I have had those creepy pet/sim, transporter accident looking Sims show up.. except it is in my Bodyshop.   Never before did this happen till I installed Seasons.   The weird thing is that I uninstalled Seasons and everything else and reinstalled the whole game from the Basegame up to Pets again.  And now the transporter accident dog or cat  and human mixed up sims are there.   It's like Seasons caused something to happen in the Pets bodyshop even though it isn't currently installed.  Is that even possible?
Sylandra
« Reply #12 on: March 19, 2007, 02:05:01 am »

I had all epxansions, installed Seasons and the game stopped seeing my custom content. I fixed that. Sort of. Now it (the game) sees what it wants to, and different things each time I log in are working, while things that worked last time are not.

Then the latest weird thing: This last time I started up the game I went to play the Sim modeled after me, and she had a lamp on her head, one on each shoulder, and one on each foot. Maybe she just couldn't stop at wearing the lampshade?

{edit} The Sim modeled after me has no custom content in her creation. {/edit}
« Last Edit: March 19, 2007, 02:09:43 am by Sylandra » Logged
wintergirl1223

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 19, 2007, 01:10:30 pm »

When I try to create a new sim, the screen goes black and it restarts the computer.
DecoraChroi
Frigid Witch
Super Mod

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 21, 2007, 12:54:15 am »

This one really creeped me out. I dont know if it's related to a Season's problem, but this happens to some of my sims in CAS, not bodyshop.

The second picture is from the male bin although, some have female icons with me unable to know where particular sims are.

* untitled.jpg (197.52 KB, 640x480 - viewed 497 times.)

* untitled2.jpg (196.37 KB, 640x480 - viewed 438 times.)
« Last Edit: March 21, 2007, 01:12:09 am by DecoraChroi » Logged

"The power to question is the basis of all human progress."
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  

Jump to: