Insimenator.org
April 25, 2024, 08:40:18 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: mesh that won't show up  (Read 1875 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
shortgal

View Profile
« on: March 12, 2007, 02:33:26 pm »

I only have one custom hair mesh that will not show up in my game.  It is the new mesh bipsouille_chvx.

I have never had any problems with any of the other meshes I have downloaded from Bipsouille.  They show up just fine.  I have all my graphics set to high but only the top part of the hair shows up, the long ringlett ponytail will not show up in my game.  

Has anyone else had any trouble with this mesh not showing up?   thanks
MissDoh

Back for more!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2007, 10:17:49 pm »

Could this mesh have been made with the Pet ep and you don't have it install?
shortgal

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2007, 06:24:37 am »

no, I have all installed but seasons. Maybe that is the problem.   thanks
BeosBoxBoy
Silent

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2007, 10:59:11 am »

shortgal - I am assuming you also downloaded at least one clothing, hair, accessory recolour in addition to the mesh (not all items on Chez Bipsouille include the mesh).

there are known problems with custom content and Holidays Stuff 2005, Family Fun Stuff, Glamour Life Stuff, and Holiday Stuff 2006 - if you have any of the stuff packs you may experience missing content.  The bug patch for FFS is not a cure for this problem.

additionally each of the EPs comes shipped with a similar if less vexing problem.  Try placing the meshes in the SavedSims folder:

My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\SavedSims

This is usually what solves the problem for many users.

If that doesn't solve it, try deleting Groups.cache (and Accessory.cache (if present)) from

My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2

Sometimes it may take several times deleting them to get all content to show up.

Otherwise you are faced with unistalling and re-installing repeatedly until it all hits the hard drive just right.

"There is a certain elegance in wasting time. Any fool can waste money, but when you waste time you waste what is priceless."
-- Maugham, W. Somerset. Ashenden: Or the British Agent.
CyndiSim
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2007, 11:46:59 pm »

Quote from: shortgal;623894
I only have one custom hair mesh that will not show up in my game.  It is the new mesh bipsouille_chvx.

I have never had any problems with any of the other meshes I have downloaded from Bipsouille.  They show up just fine.  I have all my graphics set to high but only the top part of the hair shows up, the long ringlett ponytail will not show up in my game.  

Has anyone else had any trouble with this mesh not showing up?   thanks

I had the same problem with that one hairstyle myself, out of the dozens and dozens I've downloaded in the past.  I still don't know what the problem was, but it sure did look odd!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: