Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 09:57:03 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Using Warlokk's magnets and Milkshapes obj/objx import/export  (Read 12579 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
BlooM

View Profile
« on: November 02, 2010, 09:16:06 pm »

This tutorial explains how to create Custom sims 2 bodymeshes with Warlokk's various bodyshape magnets.

You need:
Warlokk magnets: http://www.insimenator.org/index.php/topic,31845.0.html
Poser(i used version 7, others may have diffrent import/export options)
Milkshape

Start Milkshape

-Import your default mesh(extracted gmdc from Simpe) into Milkshape WITHOUT the morph
-Export as objx data split file(part of the unimesh plugin) this file contains all boneassignements and the skeleton, call the file body
-Export again but now as obj file(wavefront)
-Start new in MS and import the default mesh(extracted gmdc from Simpe) but this time with the morph.
-Delete the base mesh, rename the morph to body and export it as obj file
Save the file in a folder called fat

You now have 2 meshes as obj files both called body, those you can import in Poser.
And you have one objx file that contains all the data from the skeleton and vertice bonesettings.

Start Poser
-Make sure your startup window doesn't contain any figure(if it does have one, delete it and save it as default startup in preferences/options)
-Import the base mesh body.obj(untick all boxes on import)
-Go to props and apply the desired bodyshape magnet
-export the file as body.obj(untick the box ''Ground'' in 1st popup window/tick the box ''include body part names in polygon groups'' in the 2nd popup window)
-Start new in Poser
-Import the fat obj file and repeat the same steps as above
Close Poser

You now have 2 new obj files(custom shape and custom shape fat)

Open Milkshape
-Start new
-Import the 1st custom shape obj file you made with Poser
-Import the earlier saved file ''body.objx'' you made with Milkshape
Check the comments, it should show the comments:

ModelName: body
Opacity: -1
HasTangentArray:
NumSkinWgts: 3

When you have a error when importing or the comment box is empty, start over as you might have forgotten something or done it wrong Wink

-Rename the meshgroup ''body'' to ''normal'' or simply cut off the ''y'', just make sure you rename it(NOT in the comments itself tho!, only the name in the meshgrouptab)
-Import the custom fat shape obj file made with Poser also and rename it to ~01MORPHMOD.1
-Rename the top file back to body, then open its commentbox and add the line MorphRefNum: 1
-Export the file with Unimesh plugin
-Open a 2nd version of Milkshape and import the file you just saved.
If both meshes showup you have done it all correct, you can close the first version of Milkshape)

Altho you have succesfully reshaped both meshes most work still has to come because you prolly have seen all the lines on the meshes.
Those lines are seams between the seperated uvmap parts and most need to be smoothen out while the neck has specific normals that you need to copy from a existing default mesh.

To smoothen out the normals you need ''Demon's alligne normals'': http://nene.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=139859
Select the seams by vertice and choose alligne normals from the vertex menu

For the neck you either use the manual edit or use Wes his merge tools(part of his Unimesh plugin i believe)
In both cases you need to import a reference mesh and copy the normals from the default mesh to your custom mesh.

I wrote a small tutorial here: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=398865
Its for the sims 3 but works the same with sims 2 meshes.
Just keep in mind you always put the reference meshes on top in the meshgroup tab and you need to rename the 01morphmod to fat in order to copy its normals.
When using the normal merge tool you will not see things change on the neck, values are to close together.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2010, 04:22:24 pm by BlooM » Logged

No longer active
miros1

In Miros We Trust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2010, 09:20:24 am »

Thank you, BlooM!

Now I have to fire up the other puter that has Poser installed....

Rose/Miros
Webmaster of the Wooden Simolean
G-Knee
Site Santa!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2010, 03:59:23 pm »

You, my Dear, are AMAZING!!!!!

Thank you soooo much for this!!! And to think, this came from a simple inquiry just yesterday!!!!!   YAY

Quick question tho!:
 - after you import your custom shape back into MS, you then say to import your saved .objx. Do you need to say "yes" or "no" to the "Do you want to INCLUDE additional bone definitions?" question?  And "yes" or "no" to the "Create blend groups?" question?

Thank you again!!!

<3 G-Knee

Whatever you do, do it ALL for the Glory of God!
1 Corinthians 10:31
My Mission: to Fill the Gaps
Check out my LiveJournal!
BlooM

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2010, 04:04:41 pm »

Quick question tho!:
 - after you import your custom shape back into MS, you then say to import your saved .objx. Do you need to say "yes" or "no" to the "Do you want to INCLUDE additional bone definitions?" question?  And "yes" or "no" to the "Create blend groups?" question?

Thank you again!!!

<3 G-Knee

You shouldn't have that question when importing the body.objx
I think you saved that file earlier with the unimesh sims 2 exporter instead of the objx data split exporter
You might have took the wrong exporter, it is in the same list as the unimesh sims2 exporter

No longer active
G-Knee
Site Santa!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2010, 04:20:06 pm »

You shouldn't have that question when importing the body.objx
I think you saved that file earlier with the unimesh sims 2 exporter instead of the objx data split exporter
You might have took the wrong exporter, it is in the same list as the unimesh sims2 exporter
[/quote]

OHHHH!!!  I see what I did wrong!!!  I use the quick keys and I just used the "I" and "E", but I needed the "shift + I/E"!!!!  Got it!!! Thank you!!!

Whatever you do, do it ALL for the Glory of God!
1 Corinthians 10:31
My Mission: to Fill the Gaps
Check out my LiveJournal!
princessheard

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2012, 07:41:16 pm »

So I finally got the magnet to show up in poser but now i have another problem...

This is a pic of me showing you that i got the magnet to appear..

And here comes the problem.. Here's the picture of how the magnet looks once i click on it to use it..

Does anyone know why this is happening. I followed the tutorial to use magnets from start to finish so i dont know whats wrong with this magnet.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: