Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 06:25:00 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: choosing season order in neighbourhood  (Read 1238 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
cwurts00

View Profile
« on: March 12, 2007, 09:43:27 pm »

I thought seasons was going to make something easier for me.  You see, when I play, I play 2 days in every lot in my neighbourhood, so all my sims will age at the same rate.  Before seasons, I had to make a note in the lot description telling me what day of the week that lot started with (you know how all lots start on Monday AM, so if I start a family on Thursday in the neighbourhood, that lot will be 3 days behind the rest of the neighbourhood).

So when I got seasons, I expected that using the days of the week as a marker for passing time would become unnecessary as the seasons would take over.  But now I foresee a new problem.  I thought somehow, the neighbourhood itself would dictate the passing seasons, but I guess I was wrong.

My question:  what will happen if I move a family into a new lot?  What season will it start in?  And can I adjust the lot to begin at the appropriate time within the seasonal year - maybe with boolprop?  Also if I change the season info for the neighbourhood, will the seasons for every lot be reset, or will it just affect new lots.
Ali
Short, fat n Cuddly!
Admin

I got a luverly bunch of c.... oops, wrong site!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2007, 03:32:34 am »

the seasons on a lot are dictated by what you set for the neighbourhood. Anytime you move a sim into a lot it will start with whatever season you have set for the first season in your neighbourhood. If you change the seasons in your neighbourhood it will indeed affect every lot in that neighbourhood

"They're a rum lot, the Yorkshire folk. You can't fool them, you certainly can't get away with much and they call a spade a spade. Or rather, they call a spade 'a bloody shovel'" Mark Addy
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: