Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 06:10:16 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: fishing still doesn't work when all hacks are gone!  (Read 4001 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Missysimmer

View Profile
« on: March 13, 2007, 02:07:06 am »

i removed allllllllllll my hacks before i bought seasons cause i saw loads of people were having trouble.....
i can catch butterflies ect.
but i can't fish!
i made a huge huge huge deeeeeeeeeep pond to get it to work, the opption comes up but he wont fish what of what could cause this???
please help am i missing something really obvious???
« Last Edit: March 13, 2007, 02:23:45 am by Missysimmer » Logged

The hippo said \' don\'t mock me with your monkey pants!\'
tylersada

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2007, 09:42:02 am »

Did you put plants in the pond.  Needs the new large lilly pad as well as the exisiting ones and also the plants that stick up out of the water, can't think of their name right now(maybe bull rushes).  I had to have these as well as deep pond, it apparently doesn't have to be wide.

Sims Mommy
Ali
Short, fat n Cuddly!
Admin

I got a luverly bunch of c.... oops, wrong site!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2007, 01:50:17 pm »

the pond must be wide enough and deep enough - according to the guide 4x4 and 2 tiles deep should do it. In Riverblossom Hills the ponds that are on the Maxis lots are ready to go for fishing - have you tried one of those??

You don't need to have the water plants, my sims have fished in ponds without them but they do make it look more realistic

"They're a rum lot, the Yorkshire folk. You can't fool them, you certainly can't get away with much and they call a spade a spade. Or rather, they call a spade 'a bloody shovel'" Mark Addy
tylersada

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2007, 02:16:43 pm »

Quote from: Aliwag;625972
the pond must be wide enough and deep enough - according to the guide 4x4 and 2 tiles deep should do it. In Riverblossom Hills the ponds that are on the Maxis lots are ready to go for fishing - have you tried one of those??

You don't need to have the water plants, my sims have fished in ponds without them but they do make it look more realistic

Thank you, glad to know that.  sometimes I want the pond only.

Sims Mommy
jenny_dunagan

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2007, 05:35:43 pm »

My pond is 6x6 and I dug it as deep as it will go. I can see the fish swimming around, but no action is available. I've tried moving my mouse around the whole pond slowly trying to find the "hot spot", but there isn't one!
billyd1000

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2007, 08:00:29 pm »

Quote from: jenny_dunagan;626547
My pond is 6x6 and I dug it as deep as it will go. I can see the fish swimming around, but no action is available. I've tried moving my mouse around the whole pond slowly trying to find the "hot spot", but there isn't one!

jenny, have you tried to move your Downloads folder out of the game? If not, you really need to try it because of all the fishing problems I've read about they have all been caused by an incompatiable hack\mod.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2007, 08:02:31 pm by billyd1000 » Logged

Burn the midnight oil, it will be daylight soon....
userboo

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2007, 08:33:25 pm »

I have a pond I made in ST on one of my lots. It's fairly big and deep with it tapering to a shallow. It took a couple of days before fish showed up in the pond. Its on the lot next to the grunts and the length is about half the size of the lot and it comes over to about the walkway in the back yard. Hope that kind of helps, I never counted the tiles it took up.
Missysimmer

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2007, 11:52:27 am »

thanks yep pond wans't wide enough! i sent him to the park instead & it worked! yeh!!!!

The hippo said \' don\'t mock me with your monkey pants!\'
jenny_dunagan

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2007, 02:13:01 pm »

Quote from: billyd1000;626811
jenny, have you tried to move your Downloads folder out of the game? If not, you really need to try it because of all the fishing problems I've read about they have all been caused by an incompatiable hack\mod.

Yes, I just tried it. I moved my whole downloads folder out (btw I LOVE how fast the game loads up w/o it! lol). I went into the Dreamer's lot and built a huge pond and dug it as deep as it could go and I tried with and without the useshaders cheat. And still nothing!!! Grrr!!! I don't know what else to do!!!!:redface:

*edit* Went back into the game (with downloads folder still not in the game) and Darren Dreamer was able to fish on a community lot. But no fishing from home.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2007, 02:39:31 pm by jenny_dunagan » Logged
billyd1000

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2007, 02:42:33 pm »

jenny, the only other suggestion I can give you is move your downloads out like you did, go to My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\. Find the Groups.cache folder, it looks more like an icon, but it is the only one called Groups.cache. Delete it by right clicking on it one time and select delete from the pop up menu. Start your game, it will re spawn the groups.cache with out hack\mod info that may have been retained in the old one. Go into the game. Find a house with an existing pond that meets size requirements. Have a sim try to fish. If this does not work you are beyond my knowledge level with your problem Good luck! Post if you have questions and to report results.

Burn the midnight oil, it will be daylight soon....
jenny_dunagan

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2007, 04:26:37 pm »

I will try that in a little bit. I am working on going thru my downloads folder again, for like the 5th time in the past 2 weeks! lol This time I'm being very harsh and getting rid of LOTS of stuff. I will post again after I've tried it. Again, thank you soooooooo much for all the help! I really really appreciate it!
Phoenix

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 18, 2009, 03:02:29 am »

I'm having the exact same problem as I just Seasons into my game. If you found an answer to this could you please reply with details? Was is a mod/hack stopping it? I found that when I clicked on a pond I wouldn't get any menu but "wait here" and something else for example.

Thanks

If your pics are not viewable on the page,  I simply won't visit. Wink
Jasumi

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: August 18, 2009, 02:03:58 pm »

I suspect that you simply had an object with an overly large foot-stepping blocking you from clicking the pond. Try moving all objects away from the pond (namely trees).

(3rd) Ae Young Kim Mother of the Year
DaSpecial1
Spamcake in Disguise

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 20, 2009, 05:23:20 pm »

I suggest Pescado's Lot debugger (make sure to putting the correct one for the EP's you have).  Place it in your downloads folder.  Then go into your game in "buy mode" misc  and buy the batman box for your lot.  Click on the box, click fix, then click "lost fishing spots".

I had a similar problem with a previously working pond and this solved the problem for me.

ETA:
not so obviously necromanced thread...I saw the last few dates and assumed it was recent. apologies.

Sims by Dasi:

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: