Insimenator.org
April 27, 2024, 07:34:16 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Just installed Seasons, please help!  (Read 2447 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
jenny_dunagan

View Profile
« on: March 10, 2007, 08:50:39 pm »

Ok, before installing Seasons I took out my Downloads folder and loaded the game up just fine. Then I exited out and put my Downloads folder back in then started the game. I noticed that ALL of my clothes are blurry, same with custom eyes. They're kinda creepy! All of them look like there's like a white film over them. Is there anything I can do? I have a lot of custom clothes and REALLY don't want to have to get rid of them!!! :crybaby: Please help me!! :pray: I haven't played the game long enough to see if there are any other problems yet.
BeosBoxBoy
Silent

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2007, 01:15:16 am »

Jenny - there is a setting in the video card recognition files in the game that may be forcing low resolution textures.  I know that some people say it is safe to alter that file, but I am not so sure, I have burned up more than one video card in 20 years of computer use, so if you feel brave - take a look at these links:

http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=43273

http://www.modthesims2.com/article.php?t=147242

"There is a certain elegance in wasting time. Any fool can waste money, but when you waste time you waste what is priceless."
-- Maugham, W. Somerset. Ashenden: Or the British Agent.
jenny_dunagan

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2007, 01:17:21 am »

Thank you so much for the suggestions! I'll try them out now!
jenny_dunagan

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2007, 10:57:29 am »

After changing my camera settings back to high, the clothes and eyes look better. But I did notice when I'm in CAS that the custom eyes still have that white film look if I use them on a Maxis character. But the custom eyes look perfect on custom sims.
jenny_dunagan

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2007, 05:39:33 pm »

I appreciate the response. It's not that big of a deal because I don't use Maxis Sims too often. I prefer custom ones. Now I just need to figure out how to fish. angry9:
DecoraChroi
Frigid Witch
Super Mod

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2007, 06:58:13 pm »

Jenny, you can always use default replacements if you dont like the Maxis ones.

"The power to question is the basis of all human progress."
jenny_dunagan

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2007, 09:14:13 pm »

Thank you! I didn't even think of default replacements. :doh: I downloaded some great looking sims that other ppl made (I suck at making sims!) so I've been using them. All of the clothes, hair, and eyes look just fine on my custom sims.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: