Insimenator.org
April 29, 2024, 08:08:42 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Strange Goings-on  (Read 1704 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
hotbeeyatch

View Profile
« on: March 14, 2007, 01:42:11 am »

I installed the Seasons EP when it came out, making sure I removed all my hacks including Insimenator and Inteenimator. I added back in hacks that were Seasons compatible and have been playing just fine since. Now, today my nephew decided to try and start up Homecrafter while I was loading my game and since then I have had nothing but problems. When the game opened, all my houses were gone so I shut down my game and restarted it after Homecrafter was closed and all my houses were back. Now, though I have utter chaos in my game. I have Sims who have changed skintones, mutant pets, Sims who are married but no longer know each other and the list of Sims in a household is no longer seperated into Sims and pets or even catergorized by age, all of them are listed in alphabetical order no matter what age they are.

I have no idea what could now be causing this or if there's anything I can do other than backing up my downloads and reinstalling my game.
Mado

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2007, 02:17:23 am »

That sounds pretty crazy. I'm sorry but I don't know what could be going on. Maybe theres some sort of glitch on your game?
Sorry, I hope it works out okay!

[COLOR=MediumTurquoise]
Nothing is a mistake. Everything is meant to be.[/COLOR]

:lurk: I like to lurk around the sims 2 boards, so if you see me on one, feel free to say hello! ~Mado.
ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2007, 02:48:32 am »

It sounds like both TS2 and Homecrafter managed to avoid file locks and access the game files at the same time.  So now you have a corrupt neighborhood.  Is it all 'hoods or just the one?  There is a way to restore the 4 that EA provides without having to reinstall, but if it was a custom 'hood, delete it and start over.
Mado

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2007, 08:03:09 pm »

My neighborhoods all game with the game. I haven't downloaded any custom ones, but I did download a few custom houses (which totally didn't work) but the problems were happening even before I downloaded those.
What is the way to restore the neighborhoods?

[COLOR=MediumTurquoise]
Nothing is a mistake. Everything is meant to be.[/COLOR]

:lurk: I like to lurk around the sims 2 boards, so if you see me on one, feel free to say hello! ~Mado.
ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2007, 10:26:20 pm »

Delete the folders corresponding to the neighborhoods you want to replace from My Documents\EA GAMES\The Sims 2\Neighborhood.  N001 is PV, N002 is ST, and N003 is VV.

Then copy that folder from C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\The Sims 2\TSData\Res\UserData\Neighborhoods and paste it My Documents\EA GAMES\The Sims 2\Neighborhood
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: