Insimenator.org
April 26, 2024, 01:27:54 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: putting wav files into TV  (Read 1788 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
FratBrat44

View Profile
« on: May 04, 2007, 06:13:19 pm »

Someone told me I could load my own .wav file or film into the TV section of the EA GAMES folder and they would show while my sim is watching TV - but they never do - does anyone have any suggestions?  Is this even possible?
Beaucat001

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2007, 04:58:59 pm »

I've seen a couple of postings about this. There's a download available at, I think, the Sims Mod Board that supposedly allows you to do this. But the instructions for installing and using are so poorly written that I didn't try to use it because I was afraid I'd screw something up.

So, yes, supposedly you can do this. I have been able to add my own music to the game, so if you can do that it seems you should be able to do video. But I haven't found useful instructions on how to do it. I'm not a techie, so I need clearly written, step by step instructions. If you find out how to do it, please let me know.
FratBrat44

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2007, 05:28:42 pm »

Thank you for answering me - if I find out anything myself - I will surely let you know!
SuSim

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2007, 09:05:20 pm »

Heres what Prima says:
the video files go into C:\Documents and Settings\Your Name\My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Movies\Broadcast and then the folder of the channel you want the vidoe to show.
 files should be .avi of any size or codex, but the bigger the file the more it will affect game performance. They recommend about 15 frames per second and 128 x 128 pixels.

I have never tried this myself....
« Last Edit: May 15, 2007, 09:05:52 pm by SuSim » Logged

I sim, therefore I am.
FratBrat44

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2007, 02:27:28 pm »

I got it to work - but trust me it isn't worth it.  I put a 15 second clip in and it slows up the whole turning on the TV interaction - and then you sometimes just see a frozen image - just not worth it.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: