Insimenator.org
April 25, 2024, 11:04:49 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  
Author Topic: The Sinking Pet Glitch  (Read 14485 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Tomkat

View Profile
« on: October 26, 2006, 06:18:12 am »

I saw a thread on this earlier, but its been closed as "resolved" without there actually being a fix for the problem...

Has anyone found/created a possible fix for this yet? Its super annoying!
thanks for any advice/fixes/help with regards to this!
Squinge
Spamming Dork
Admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2006, 07:02:46 am »

I believe it was a community lot sleeping hack that was causing that problem, that is why I closed that thread Smiley

If you have a question about my mods post it here
Tomkat

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2006, 07:09:43 am »

I still have the sinking pet thing, but i never used a hack for community lot sleeping

- thanks for the reply squinge, i don't want to be a pest by repeating previous threads, but apparantly there is also another cause for this.
Squinge
Spamming Dork
Admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2006, 07:11:53 am »

ok I will leave this one open maybe some else has the answer, I may have misunderstood the last persons reply Smiley

Persephone

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2006, 07:48:10 am »

I have no hacks in at all because the game loads faster to get my screenshots ....and my pets sink into the floor Smiley
Squinge
Spamming Dork
Admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2006, 07:49:00 am »

It must be another maxis bug, lol

Persephone

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2006, 07:53:16 am »

yes...like we didn't have enough already Smiley  They should test the game before releasing it.
Squinge
Spamming Dork
Admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2006, 07:56:37 am »

I don't think they did test it there is no way they could have missed that bug Smiley

lindseyanne2000

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2006, 08:16:28 am »

I had the same problem with my pets sinking into the ground, not being able to control sims, plus not being able to use the create family screen properly. When the game loads it tells you what custom items and mods conflict with the game's behaviours  using sims2pack clean installer i went through to see if these custom content + mod files were highlighted in red (conflict) and deleted files that i didn't really use or that were empty. By doing this i was not only able to use create family option properly but my pets are running around firmly on the ground and my sims are controllable again.

if you don't have the clean installer i would recommend getting it from modthesims2 it really is a great thing to have.
jinyc

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2006, 12:50:24 pm »

From what I have been reading it looks more like that sinking feeling is bug and not hack related. It is most likely to happen as explained above when motives, especially comfort and bladder are low.

Joey the Whinernator

http://www.insimenator.net/
Joefish

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 26, 2006, 02:48:57 pm »

I have this same exact problem...my pet will randomly sink into the floor and then a screen will come up saying there was an error and i have to delete, reset, or cancel. If i delete then i delete the dog and have to go back to the neighbor hood and then back into the house again to see the dog. If i reset the screen just keeps poping up again and same thing with cancel. One thing i did find that does help this glitch is if u use the cheat boolprop ControlPets and then make the pet who's sank do something like go to sleep on the couch or in a dog bed then they come out of sinking
Tomkat

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 27, 2006, 08:27:03 am »

Quote from: Joefish
I have this same exact problem...my pet will randomly sink into the floor and then a screen will come up saying there was an error and i have to delete, reset, or cancel. If i delete then i delete the dog and have to go back to the neighbor hood and then back into the house again to see the dog. If i reset the screen just keeps poping up again and same thing with cancel. One thing i did find that does help this glitch is if u use the cheat boolprop ControlPets and then make the pet who's sank do something like go to sleep on the couch or in a dog bed then they come out of sinking

I did that in the end...i also prefer to play with testingcheats enabled..but it just got too annoying to direct them all th time and it kept happening when the action i gave them was done, so i finally turned TT off and they can keep swimming in the ground untill someone can find a fix...Smiley
amjoie

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 27, 2006, 10:20:33 am »

The only time my pets sink is if they want to use an object another pet is using. Instead of the "waving arms-stomping feet" thing, they just sink into the ground. I think maybe they might be missing an animation for "frustration" at not being able to use an "in use" object.

By the way, if you have four food dishes all filled, they will still sink into the floor next to the one food dish some other pet is using. Ditto with the pet beds. No matter how many you have, the pet will sink into the floor next to the occupied bed rather than bothering itself to find another empty pet bed.

Modders are aware the "pet ownership" code in the game is messed up. Give it a little bit, and someone will have a fix for this.

For every King there is a Queen ...
JennellH

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 28, 2006, 04:54:21 pm »

A friend of mine had the sinking pets scenario. He took out the hacks  sit on floor to watch TV ,objects-floating-aspiration plus sleep on community lots and it was fixed.
jinyc

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: October 28, 2006, 05:58:55 pm »

I had the sinking phenom one day only. I took out the old community sleeping hack and I haven't seen it since. Squinge has since updated the hack to PETS compatibilty, which is now in my game, and, happily, I am not seeing the pet sink hole.

Joey the Whinernator

http://www.insimenator.net/
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  

Jump to: