Insimenator.org
March 29, 2024, 02:21:22 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  
Author Topic: The Sinking Pet Glitch  (Read 14259 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
MissDoh

Back for more!

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 28, 2006, 07:52:49 pm »

I don't have that mod in and did experience the sinking pet problem.  Thing is the bladder and energy was high.  I strongly believe it is an EA bug.  It happens when they are on the grass, on floors it seems ok.
SImsMoM101

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 30, 2006, 01:05:57 pm »

My prob was the community sleeping hack.  I had left the lot with the cat in the ground and it was removing the sleeping hack that made her pop up and go to sleep.  I still have the sit on floor to watch TV hack--removing it didn't resolve the prob for me.  I do have a weird thing that is happening,but it is not bad enough to do the hack tango.  Whenever a child is talking to another child they pop up and down--isn't that weird.
Laurelian

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 30, 2006, 01:28:46 pm »

The same here as far as the being unable to actually play lots with pets cause whenever I enter I have to delete them until I can play, cause of tha pop up error message. But it only happened when a pet arrived to a lot, not on the lots that had pets already, there I just had to reset everytime someone interacted with the pet, but at least the were still there!
And I disabled all my hacks and mods and even some of my downloads but nothing. I never downloaded a sleeping mod so damn you EA bugs!!!

"Something must be wrong, something, when your heart can't break and your tears can't fall. And you're hollow, you're empty and none of it matters. It occurs to you that you're flying, sort of, just without the wings, and it's incredible, since even if you fall, the air's still rushing past, which is everything you ever wanted, all along, all the time..." by provocative envy
MistyMorning

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 30, 2006, 04:35:41 pm »

I took everything out & still have it. the testing cheats keeps them from dying till i can get them restored enough not to disappear beneath the earth Smiley
amjoie

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 31, 2006, 01:32:48 am »

Quote from: MistyMorning
I took everything out & still have it. the testing cheats keeps them from dying till i can get them restored enough not to disappear beneath the earth Smiley

If you use the boolprop controlpets on cheat, just command the sunken pet to do some other activity, and they will pop right up and go on their merry way.

I never used any of the mods that other people are blaming for this. All the mods I use have been pet approved and verified to not cause trouble. It *may* be a conflict of some kind between mods, but you aren't the only person with no mods to still have the problem.

Check out what the pet is doing just before sinking, and my guess is they were trying to use an object another pet is using. That cause has been quite consistent in my game. Not random, at all.

For every King there is a Queen ...
maskeddelusion

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 04, 2006, 03:39:10 pm »

... Pets glitches.... I've played the game without any hack, and the pets are quite frequently sinking in the ground randomly. And i just CAN'T use the "controlpets on". Everytime i just pass the mouse over the pet, i have the dialog with cancel/reset/delete where cancel doens't work - so i always reset. I've given up controlling the pets.. for now.

Ah quanta alma viverá, que ande metida assim como eu na Linha, e como eu mística! Quantos sob a casaca  característica não terão como eu o horror à vida?
ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 04, 2006, 03:54:46 pm »

Quote from: maskeddelusion
... Pets glitches.... I've played the game without any hack, and the pets are quite frequently sinking in the ground randomly. And i just CAN'T use the "controlpets on". Everytime i just pass the mouse over the pet, i have the dialog with cancel/reset/delete where cancel doens't work - so i always reset. I've given up controlling the pets.. for now.

It sounds to me like you might have some hacks that you didn't realize you had.  Try running Clean Installer to make sure all your hacks have been removed.
billyd1000

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 07, 2006, 06:42:57 pm »

I have not seen this sinking pet problem. If I had it I would figure out a way to make every stray in the game sink out of sight, Muhaha.......I guess that wasn't very nice was it?

Burn the midnight oil, it will be daylight soon....
hezaa913
« Reply #23 on: November 07, 2006, 09:35:52 pm »

the only sinking i've had is with the "stage" foundation. I made a raised living area for the pets and when on that they had a couple episodes of sinking. But i haven't had it anywhere else. Only hack i have is the insimanator.
lewisb40
Sims 3? Yeah, I like it.

Hard Poop!

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 15, 2006, 11:10:54 pm »

I had the same problem, but after removing the community lot sleep hacks and every other hack with relax and woohoo, (ie casual mods, bed, hottub, photobooth, etc), then everything went back to normal.  I don't have a sinking problem anymore.  Will be happy to have my casual relationships back, though, I miss them.

Michael J. Jackson - Best Entertainer in the World! 1958-2009  Sleep in Peace, Dear Prince.
danisja

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 18, 2006, 12:04:44 pm »

i have had it whit a sim..she was going to swim and after that she keeps swimming true the house she sim to bed,to cook ...everyting, so i had delete her
Ravensara

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 23, 2006, 10:11:38 am »

Wow havent had any pets sinking into the floor instead I had my 2 alien colours dogs floating whilst their arms turned backwards.  Lol at first I thought is was an alien thing happening then the lightbulb came on (I am thick in the head sometimes)
vita4all

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: December 27, 2006, 08:33:54 am »

Hi. I've uninstalled and reinstalled, but the dogs or cats are still swimming inside the floor.  I researched but found only one person with this same problem on this site who included a photo of the problem, but no answers.  Is this a glitch or do you think it's a conflict with a specific file/hack/lighting/floor?  Please help if you know the answer.

For a few nice downloads, visit our site, http://gangstersims.com.
ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 27, 2006, 08:38:32 am »

It's caused by a mod conflict I believe.  I can't remember which one though.  There is a bug with Pets that pets will momentarily sink into the ground similar to the jump bug, but they pop right back up with it.
vita4all

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: December 27, 2006, 09:02:06 am »

Does anyone know which mod could be causing the conflict?  Thanks Ancient and anyone else for all help!

For a few nice downloads, visit our site, http://gangstersims.com.
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  

Jump to: